Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Tech5 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello All,
Have a Vodavi DHS7000 with a Caller ID problem. There is an Option Card SP-7110 which was checked and verified working properly. I programmed CO-1 for Caller ID. I notice that if I change the value of WAIT-ICLID Timer under Call Handling, the Caller ID will work once and then stop working. I have tried values between 5 to 7 and get the same result. Is the WAIT-ICLID Timer a function of the Caller ID Interface Unit SP7480? I am using the first CO-Port. Different ports on SP7480 give the same result. Wondering if the Interface Unit
is bad. Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Set the Iclid wait timer for 7.0 and leave it like that. The wait timer is the delay after a call comes in but BEFORE it starts to ring on the phones. The timer does not change the way the sp7480 operates. If anything is bad it is the option card. You can check the 7480 by connecting it to a laptop and using hyperterm.

The co ports have to match...port 1 on the 7480 to line 1 into the DHS. Port 1 is the very bottom port by the way.

Last edited by Derrick; 10/31/14 06:07 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Tech5 Offline OP
OP Offline
Derrick,
Thanks for you reply to my DHS CID problem. The option card was sent out for inspection and then reinstalled. CID still did not work. Currently, output of 7840 is connected with a straight thru
9 pin cable to programing port of DHS. ICLID port is for CO1, Rmt X is 1200, wait ICLID is 7, I will connect the 7840 to a hyperterminal with following settings: 1200 baud, 8 data, 1 stop, parity none, flow control none. Will connect the 7840 output with a serial cable to the computer hyperterminal com port and see if I get an output of the calling number.
Thanks again for your suggestions,
Tech5

Tech5 Offline OP
OP Offline
Correction 7480

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The only cable I have ever used with the 7480 is the ribbon cable that came with it. In some cases it does need a gender changer but I can't remember if it is a straight thru cable or not. I suspect that it is.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Are you 100% sure that Telco is sending Caller ID?

I carry a cheap Caller ID unit that I plug the line cord (with adapter) directly to the RJ21-X.

Just because Telco says it's there, and someone is paying for it, doesn't make it so.

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Tech5 Offline OP
OP Offline
Dean, Thanks for your reply. The first test was with a hand held CID when I first checked the system and it registered all calls made to the CO line. Had to borrow a friends old computer with XP to get hyper terminal. Used setup of 1200,8,N,1,None. There was a further setup page with things like echo, line wrap, VT100, etc. Checked line wrap and echo but not sure of the others. Typed in AT and hit enter and AT appeared and cursor just moved down. No "OK" was given so not sure if my setup was correct. Heard burst of tone on line after first ring, so data is sent but no number appears in hyper terminal. Problem may be with the 7480 CID. Does Sundance repair SP-7110 option cards and 7480 CID units? Thanks to everyone for your help. Larry

Last edited by Tech5; 11/12/14 06:00 PM.
MDM Offline
I have a Vodavi STSe system that had to be reinitialized. I do not have the code to make the ICLID tables start collecting data. The caller id is working. but the numbers are not being collected to be able to review. Does anyone have the programming for that area?

flash 05 button 21
flash 50 page d button 11

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
MDM, Welcome aboard! But please be mindful in future posts to ask questions on STSe systems in a new or related STSe post. Fortunately, draynor caught your question here but because this post had a DHS header, your question could have gone unanswered.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,700 Shoretel
189,730 CTX100 install
187,909 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 104 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024