Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
shrcp Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone,

I am trying to figure out how can I find the DID number assign to the extension which is assigned to a single line port. I have three single extension and do not know which DID is assign to it.

Thanks. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RCA Offline
In DB Programming go to System/Trunk-Related-Information/Call-Routing-Table.

Rhett
shrcp Offline OP
OP Offline
RCA, thanks for replying.

The call routing table was the first area I checked and couldn't find the pattern(digit)assign to the extension. Is there another way to figure this out?
Also, if it's not set in the routing table. Does this mean the SLC port extension is not assign to a digit or DID number?

Thanks,

RCA Offline
Do you have more than one call routing table?

You could trace the jack back to the punch block and follow the jumper. You could also pick up the phone and dial 0 and see what operator answers. Probably the easiest is to trace the jack.

Rhett
shrcp Offline OP
OP Offline
I have two call routing table day and night.

If I trace it back to the block. This will tell me which extension/SLC port assign to the location of the jack. How can I find out the DID number assign at the punch block? I don't have a telephone line tester to tap into the pair.

Thanks.

RCA Offline
Do you know all the DID numbers that your paying for? Do you know the 3 extensions in question? What im saying is, trace the single line jack back to the system. If its jumpered to a port from the Axxess, then look up that port in DB Programming to find out what extension it is. If its not jumpered to the system, then find out where its ending up, probably a pots line from telco?

Lets go back to your original question.
I am trying to figure out how can I find the DID number assign to the extension which is assigned to a single line port. I have three single extension and do not know which DID is assign to it.
Do you know the DID numbers, do you know the extensions? The first thing you need to find out is the extension number. Then go to the call routing table and match it up.

I don't have a telephone line tester to tap into the pair.
I dont know what to tell you here, your going to have to ID the lines somehow.

Rhett
shrcp Offline OP
OP Offline
I know all the DID number I'm paying for and the 3 extension in question. However, I don't where the jack is located.

I know the extension that is configure to the Single line port in DB programming, but I know which DID is assigned to the extension or port. When I call the DID number it routes me to the reception by default because no extension is assign to the pattern.

As for the Call routing table, I'm cannot match the pattern because I don't which DID number is being use for the extension. All three extension is currently not found or assign to any pattern in Call Routing table.

Thank you.

I've still relatively new with this stuff myself, as I've only been doing basic admin stuff for the last couple years and have just now recently been given more 'in-depth' responsibilities in regards to our system ... however, I find it hard to believe you don't know where the jack is. Follow the phone cord to where it plugs into the wall plate.

Secondly, if you are unable to match the extension number to the assigned DID from looking in the routing table, I would be hunting somebody down and stabbing out eyeballs with a spork! Anyhow - I do have a rather simple solution (at least I think it would be) ...

Does the receptionist have a display console? If so, try calling the direct number and ask her what number shows up on her display. Or, from another station close by, try calling all the possible DID's you think it might be and start calling them and see which one rings the phone in question.

Another possible option would be to make various calls from that phone and then look at your ANI/DNIS reports to pin-point the number that way.

HTH

If you look in your Call Routing tables...

Column 1 is the last 4 (or whatever the LEC is sending you) of the DID

Column 2 is the description

Column 3 is Ring In Type

Column 4 is the Ring in Destination

If nothing is there, then you're just going to have to get a toner (sorry...errr....call your local telecom company) and have them trace it out for you.

There really is no other way....In short, if there is no DID in the routing table, it's not assigned to anything....That sounds right to me anyway... =)

The artist formerly known as Medlin01...Returning to my roots of IT.
I'm with networkadmin here..

have you checked if its really assigned to a DID?

how many DID do you have? do you know all of them? if you think there's a DID assigned to it..... then that number would be on the routing table. If you dont have a lot... easiest way without digging into programming is just calling each one of them.

would take you less time to call each one of them than having to figure out HOW it is ringing.

It could be part of a hunt group, could be another extension forwarding to it... too many could be's....

Phoenix Technology Services, Inc
http://www.phoenixtsi.com
Phoenix, AZ / 800.241.9084

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,314
Posts638,921
Members49,775
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,073 Shoretel
190,289 CTX100 install
188,556 1a2 system
Newest Members
PeterG, lyte, 4thright, dcl, Mansour
49,774 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
jsaad 5
dans 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 106 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024