Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
That is how I wired my two Partner ACS systems.

I custom made the cables using Systimax 4 pair cables and EZ Crimp 8P8C plugs. The one difference is that, by using solid conductors, the cables slightly stick out straight (except the bottom few station ports) and then bend down at a rough 90 degree angle. No problems installing or removing the carrier's cover.

Not a single cable failure using EZ crimp connectors.

I Love FEATURE 00
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Originally Posted by dexman

I custom made the cables using Systimax 4 pair cables and EZ Crimp 8P8C plugs. The one difference is that, by using solid conductors, the cables slightly stick out straight (except the bottom few station ports) and then bend down at a rough 90 degree angle.

That Systimax cable CAT5e or CAT6? I am surprised you were able to get the cover on. Cables used with these systems were always CAT3 solid conductor.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
CAT3 solid terminated with 8P8C EZ Crimp plugs. Works great with the Partner and Magix systems.

I Love FEATURE 00
Originally Posted by dexman

I custom made the cables using Systimax 4 pair cables and EZ Crimp 8P8C plugs. The one difference is that, by using solid conductors, the cables slightly stick out straight (except the bottom few station ports) and then bend down at a rough 90 degree angle. No problems installing or removing the carrier's cover.

Not a single cable failure using EZ crimp connectors.

You put the carrier cover on?!!! I think in the 16 years ive been doing this I've seen 1 cover actually on a partner system and 1 that was practically melted to the top of the cards on another but the system was still plugging away

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Yup...No issues with overheating. One system is on hot standby at my Church. The unit is underneath a stairway. I have two 4" computer cooling fans suspended over the carrier to pull cooler air up and dispel the heat from the module power supplies. No problems. The system is tested monthly.

Either way, it looks like this topic has gone up a side street. Let's move it back onto the main highway. smile

I Love FEATURE 00
Moderator-1A2
Moderator-1A2
This was about a partner install all along. That being said, we haven't heard back from the OP since his/her initial post. Looks like we weren't the only ones to take an off ramp. grin

OP Offline
Originally Posted by ChrisRR
This was about a partner install all along. That being said, we haven't heard back from the OP since his/her initial post. Looks like we weren't the only ones to take an off ramp. grin

No, I'm still here. I just have a little 8 year old who does a good job of keeping me off the computer!I really want to thank all of you for the input!

I like the idea of the octopus cables and have, in fact, seen those installed.

Regardless, all cabling from the KSU to the 66 blocks would secure to the backboard and come in from the BOTTOM of the 66 blocks, correct? Cross-connects are always run over the blocks, yes?

In fact, isn't that the basic cabling principle? Specifically, all "permanent" wiring such as CO and station wiring are secured to the backboard and enter from the bottom, while all wiring that may be moved, such as cross-connects, are routed over the top of the 66 blocks and across mushrooms (or D-rings), but NOT secured to the backboard?

Also, Hal, you mentioned that you would terminate the CO pairs on a standard 66 block (not a split block). Why is that that? I had thought one would terminate on a split block and then use bridging clips for a nice test point. Am I missing something?

Thanks also for the pictures and links to pictures. Those installs look nice!

Thanks all for the great and helpful comments!

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Yes for bringing cables up from the bottom and cross-connecting at the top. thumbsup

Using colored backboards specifically designed to mount 66/25 and 66/50 can help keep things lined up. Ditto for "mushrooms" and D rings. grin

I Love FEATURE 00
OP Offline
Thanks dexman. That is a clean church install. Thanks for the pics! smile

Last edited by InstallPhones; 01/31/15 04:04 PM.
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Thank you for checking out the pictures and your kind words! smile

I Love FEATURE 00
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,399 Shoretel
189,143 CTX100 install
187,423 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 438 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024