web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
2 Questions/problems I hope someone here can help with. Number 1: We recently moved some of our analog lines to VoIP. We now have VoIP.MS connected to a Cisco SPA122 plugged into line port 2 on the Partner ACS. We cannot get Caller ID on this line. I verified CID is passing through by plugging in a house phone that has caller ID directly to the ATA. The Caller ID comes through just fine. I have also swapped Line 1 (normal analog line) into the Line 2 port, just to verify that their isn't a problem with the ACS. The analog line displays proper CID on Line 2, so I know that there isn't a problem with the ACS. Any ideas on why I get caller ID on a normal phone but not on the Partner system? This is imperative I get figured out.

Also, we have Partner Voice Messaging PC Card R2. We were moving equiptment around in the IT room and the Partner system got unplugged. When it powered back on I noticed all the mailboxes were re-assigned to factory defaults. Also the Auto attendant options went back to being direct extension transfer. Is their a way to save or backup it's configuration so if the system is unplugged again or we get a power failure I don't have to go assigning everything again?

Thanks for any possible help.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

First, powering down the ACS and system shouldn't cause anything to lose programming. Check to see that the memory batteries are good in the ACS. (No "replace batteries with power on" is displayed on extensions 10 and 11?) Secondly the PVM card shouldn't loose it's configuration or menu, greetings and messages on power down. Matter of fact you can remove the card from one system and plug it into another and everything should still be there- unless there is a problem with the card.

All that being good, none of that should have happened. Maybe a long shot, but unplugging then quickly plugging it back in may have "glitched" the system.

You can get a backup/restore card for the ACS that will save the configuration and that's always a good idea. Makes it easier to move the configuration to a replacement ACS should the need arise. Keep in mind though that this does not back up anything on the PVM card. That configuration shouldn't go away.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Consumer grade telephones tend to be more forgiving when it comes to accepting variations in Caller ID signals. The Partner ACS was designed to operate closely with the standards used by traditional telephone carrier equipment.

The fact that the problem started when service was moved to VoIP tells me that parameters within the VoIP converter need to be checked/adjusted to try to get the device to send a signal that more closely/accurately mimics Bell System standards.

I Love FEATURE 00
OP Offline
Okay I made corrections to the Voice Mail system, unplugged it for about 5 minutes, and it came back with all of the correct programming. Maybe your right that it glitched it because I'm not seeing any problems. As for the VoIP line I contacted VoIP.MS and they told me that there is no way to change the Caller ID. I am very disappointed that I cannot get it on the phone system. If anyone has had any experience switching to VoIP using an ATA please let me know.

Moderator-1A2
Moderator-1A2
Just for a kick, try reversing tip&ring (green&red or wht/blu&blu/wht) coming out of the ATA. This really shouldn't make a difference, but my cisco/linksys/sipura ATA's all have reversed polarity. This definitely wouldn't make a difference with a normal house phone, but an ACS which is plugged into AC power and has a ground reference, maybe? Can't hurt anything to try. Could be the little burst of data for CID is getting garbled.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Something else to check...is the Caller ID info being passed along sooner from the ATA when compared to the POTS line?

I Love FEATURE 00
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Regarding the voicemail card - there was a run of R2 PVM cards that would default mailbox assignments, AA selector codes, and mailbox passwords after a power failure. Avaya arranged for us to give them access so they could "install a patch". I always hook up my digit grabber and butt set monitor in these situations, and all they did was do a factory default. This is how I got the default code, which is different from the VS and Partner Messaging. So you may want to default the VM card and start over on it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,858
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,663 Shoretel
189,585 CTX100 install
187,847 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 145 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024