Inter-Tel 5000 - Mitel 5000 - MiVoice Office 250 - ....can you guess the next identity of this product? I believe they only thought to re-name it to make room for Aastra, and reduce product identity confusion.

We've all heard about the Aastra thing. But, Some Competing Vendors have eluded that Mitel is planning to phase out the 5000. Is there any truth to it? I'll admit the MiConfusion! bit made me laugh. I bet it is hard to have three development teams developing software for three systems built by three different companies with three different philosophies with three different documentation sets and three different tech certifications. I don't know how they begin to sort it all out, aside from hiring the original developers, which I'm sure Mitel did. I did hear that some of the Inter-Tel team have begun working on the 3300 due to the original developers, who built the venerable SX2000 and up, are reaching retirement age... Things have certainly changed at Mitel. I do miss the old logo too...

Hackbarth Communications, L.L.C. - Serving South Central Wisconsin's Telecom Needs