Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
If you're not showing anything in port activity the voicemail isn't your problem. I would change the extensions to different ports on the cabinet if you have some available. The 500 is a finicky and unpredictable beast when it starts crapping out. Could be a bad slot, back plane, card, power supply or database. Are all of the extensions on the same card? if so swap the card out, if that doesn't work move it to an empty slot. If it's spread between the 2 cards you could have a bad back plane or simply bad database. Take a backup and default it and see what happens. Good luck, i've chased ghosts in 500's for weeks before finally swapping out the entire cabinet.
Earlier this year we had one with 5 16SLI's in it that kept dying, we didn't figure out until the 3rd cabinet we put in it was one of the SLI's doing it. Never found out which one so i now have 5 sitting on the bench because no one dares to ruin anymore cabinets figuring out which one was doing it.

Last edited by Genesiscomm; 05/29/15 08:44 AM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

jmesi03 Offline OP
OP Offline
The ones that are not working are on one 16DLI card, but most of the extensions on that card work properly I have some room on another 16dli card i will try to move an extension to that card

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
What is the COS on the phones that don't work vs the ones that do?

jmesi03 Offline OP
OP Offline
The COS are the same on all of them. I switched the extension to the other 16DLI card and it started working correctly. I put it back on the old card and it started ringing the operators group again. So it looks like I have a 16DLI card that is going bad.

Thanks for everyones help

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
So you did an extension relocate to move it to a different card?
Glad you got it working but that's weird that a bad card can do that when it sounds like a software problem.

jmesi03 Offline OP
OP Offline
Yeah I changed the extension number to a different port(on a different card) in 724 and then re punched the station to the new port that's what got it working.

1---Best way is to bring it on Default.
2---May be when you press VMMSG button for retrieving message all VM ports busy.
3---Did you assigned members in 601 (Voice mail group)

pvj Offline
Tariq

If you read what he wrote then you know the voicemail is working and the ports are assigned properly.It would also affect all phones at times if the ports were all busy not just certain extensions right?
Anyway glad he got it fixed.It appears a port move and an extension change did the trick.I wonder if a relocate would have fixed the problem or not.

Good to hear you got it sorted, the other thing that's often worth trying is programming the keys via pcmmc instead of mmc

This is why I dislike the VMMSG button. Just normally do a SG(port number) and Call it a day. If the person can't notice a blinking red light on their phone and a message on the display, then a button lit up red won't help much. Lol

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,903 Shoretel
189,989 CTX100 install
188,109 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 6
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 88 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024