web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
hacky Offline OP
OP Offline
I hope everyone had a good 4th! I ran into something today. I have an SBX site that has the Attendant, PGM164, assigned to 101 (don't ask). That station appears to acquire the traits of the Attendant (push FWD to set ring mode , etc). However, whenever the VMIB says "your call will be transferred to the Attendant", station 100 still rings instead of 101. Did I miss a step?

Basically when no choices are made at the CCR I would like it to go to the Attendant, which I have re-assigned. I see in PGM167 I might be able to redirect that stuff to a Hunt instead of Attendant, but why go there if I might be doing something fundamentally wrong

Hackbarth Communications, L.L.C. - Serving South Central Wisconsin's Telecom Needs
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Make the change in PGM 120, 164, and key 10 in the CCR table. Make sure you don't have two attendants assigned and 100 is still the main one.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
hacky Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you Derrick! I was able to get on site and try your suggestions. PGM120 jumped out as the missing piece, but when I set that and tested, the system rings the sets in the ring assignment again after "the timer has expired, please try again". Even the CO buttons light as if there is another call. The system eventually then drops the call. Regardless of the DISA Retry count, it seems to ignore that and it always rings sets again after the "timer has expired". I've never seen that, and this system could have been doing that before I even got there. If it matters, they are hitting CCR after a preset FWD to facilitate live answering first, before CCR.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Station preset forward? Did/disa preset forward? Co preset forward? Which one are you using?

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

hacky Offline OP
OP Offline
Co preset fwd

Hackbarth Communications, L.L.C. - Serving South Central Wisconsin's Telecom Needs
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Check pgm 228 CCR preset destinations.

www.myrandomviews

hacky Offline OP
OP Offline
I went onsite tonight after business hours to figure this out, combining all of Derrick's suggestions and some experimenting too. Lessons learned are:

1) PGM164 and PGM120 won't fix the VMIB from thinking 100 (or port 1) is still the Attendant. This is the question that started it all. Workaround is to set the CCR Busy / Error /Timeout destinations to "Station" and just type in the new attendant extension. To be 100% thorough, create a hunt group with just the new Attendant as a member, then go to PGM167 and point all those conditions to your hunt instead of the default, Attendant ring.

2) Using CO Preset Fwd to reach the CCR kills off the workaround described above. The CCR Busy / Error /Timeout destinations become irrelevant. After the greeting, if no digits are pressed, the system will keep ringing the sets listed as ring assignment, and forwarding to vmib again, to infinity. Workaround for that is to use a Hunt Group to ring the sets, then Overflow to the CCR. Then those destinations become active again.

Main lesson learned, don't ever change the Attendant from 100 (or whatever is programmed for station port 1).

In conclusion, thank you Derrick for pointing me to the PGM numbers that needed experimenting.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
It might have been easier to flex (frog) the numbers and keep the attendant on port 1. Obviously the system expects the main attendant to be there regardless of the extension number or attendant assignment.

www.myrandomviews

hacky Offline OP
OP Offline
I agree there should always be an attendant at the main "seat". I guess I thought System Attendant in programming was really the main attendant, but it appears that was not their intention. Flexing the numbers makes a lot of sense, but I didn't think of that until it dawned on me that it was considering the port more than the extension number.

I guess the only real annoying thing was that CO Preset forward did not give up the call over to CCR fully, as the Busy/Error/Timeout options were ignored.

A thought I had just now: At least the CO Preset Fwd does enable DISA as pressing digits in the announcement works, which is technically a little odd since doing a ring assignment into a CCR leaves DISA disabled and would not allow digits to be pressed at all. So for that we were provided DISA checkboxes. I am no longer putting in SBX's but I am still learning how they are programmed / what the Koreans were thinking when they wrote the firmware.

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,613 Shoretel
189,503 CTX100 install
187,758 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 149 guests, and 360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024