web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#592954 09/17/15 09:59 AM
OP Offline
I have a customer that has 24 doorphones (max allowed) and since that was not enough, 5 digital and 8 analog ringdown stations that used to all call to the same nurses station.

Now they want the ringing to be different based on day/night mode, which is no problem for the 24 doorphones, but how can I accomplish this for the ringdown stations???

I explained that the only option may be to ring both regardless of day/night with a MCG.

Looking to the Masters for a workaround on this one!!

Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
What about this? Loop an RSTU port into an RCOU port. Use that RSTU port as the ringdown destination. Program the RCOU trunk port to ring wherever you want for day, day 2 and night.

I have never ted an analog port to an analog CO before but I heard of this before. Sounds like a cool work around.

My idea of routing internal calls based on day mode is to use 0 in the tenant attendant. I don't usually use option 0 internally very often so I have used 0 for internal routing. Option 0 in voicemail is usually directed to a specific extensions.

First you have change option 0 from Attendant Group to Tenant Attendant access code.

The go to Program 120 TENANT ASSIGNMENTS with Day, Day 2, and night destinations. You can even assign different destinations for different Tenant numbers if they need to ring to different destinations.

The main issue would be if 0 is used for something else, like an operator extension. They are call flexible access codes, so maybe you can assign a different number for Tenant Attendant access code instead of 0.

OP Offline
Great input, Thanks! Since I am expected to correct this remotely, I will try the 0 option first since they are not using the dial 0 option.

Totally forgot about connecting an analog port to a CO line. Reminds me of when we used to put a resistor on an electronic station at the 66 block to activate an extension that did not exist.

Thanks again!

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,873
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,736 Shoretel
189,803 CTX100 install
187,939 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024