web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
So, the customer is considering upgrading to the CIX670(from a 424i with 670 cabinets). He asks me if Caller ID info would be passed-through on a P.R.I. DID/DNIS circuit incoming call to a specific extension. The customer has a 3 year-old Amanda Portal Unified Messaging system. The station user would need CID to appear on his cellphone, not the company LDN. The customer's question: If the CID doesn't show up on my cellphone, on an incoming call, what good is VOIP to me?

tia,
bill

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If the service provider will allow you to pass Caller ID that does not belong to the site on outbound calls then the Toshiba can be programmed to show the Caller ID of the originating caller on a forwarded call.

Some providers will not allow this because they believe it violates the FCC rules on Caller ID presentation.

Some providers will call it Enhanced Call Forward and ask that you order the feature.

Lastly, I have had a provider require that the system be able to process the Q.931 redirect command which is something the Toshiba doesn't do.

So the answer to your question is that this can be done and make sure you have a clear understanding about the PRI and the setup before promising anything.

Michael Meyer
I would just add that one forwarded call the CIX will pass the incoming caller ID by default. I would in some cases need to prevent this because the call will fail due to the call being rejected by the carrier. This is all carrier dependent.

There could be a case when you might not see the caller's CID, such as when the voicemail system transfers the call to an outside party. If you wanted to upgrade the voicemail system after the Toshiba PBX upgrade, the new IP Edge app server can pass CID to an outside extension.

OP Offline
The scenario in question: the CIX user would have an ip phone on his/her desk. He/She out of the office anywhere in the developed world, with cellular phone service. A call comes in to his/her DID/DNIS number, but their forwarding is set ON. The call routes to his/her cell phone. The CID of the calling party needs to display on his/her cell phone, then, they decide whether to answer or let the call go to the cell's vm.

I did read your replies, thank you. I thought an example might shed additional light on the topic.

Their current provider is AT&T, whom is delivering their data and voice via fiber, including their PRI.

tia,
bill

The scenario you have presented will work as long as the previous caveats are investigated. The bottom line is really whether AT&T will allow you to present Caller ID on outbound calls that do not belong to the site.

The customer may have to have this enabled via AT&T.

Michael Meyer
It will work most of the time if the call is being routed by the CIX with no human interaction. If someone answers the call then manually forwards it to the cell phone, that is an entirely different scenario.

Shawn
Absolute Communications, Inc.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,300
Posts638,879
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,758 Shoretel
189,836 CTX100 install
187,966 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
4 members (westerntelephone, Keyset6, justbill, Bushmills), 165 guests, and 330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024