Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#64053 02/25/10 02:42 AM
OP Offline
Hello Everyone

We are having a problem with our fax machines dialing out. When a fax is placed it seems like the phone system is not giving the fax machine enough time to dial all the numbers before it rings the phone system's fast busy tone. This problem as just came up and we did not have this problem earlier in the week. We are using single line cards in our Axxess 9.115 for faxing. As always, thanks for any help given.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#64054 02/25/10 04:03 AM
Are the analog ports set up a house phones, or does an access code (8 or another number) need to be dialed? Reorder tone before the number is completely dialed sounds like a trunk access issue.

#64055 02/25/10 04:06 AM
OP Offline
Yes, we dial an 8 to get out on analog lines. I was hoping it was a setting in the database programming. If not, I will call Mitel and get a tech onsite. Was trying to resolve this without their assistance. Thanks for your help.

#64056 02/25/10 04:26 AM
Okay, let’s try some troubleshooting. Hopefully, you have a single line phone or butt set (but you could use a fax machine with a handset). First, reset the single line cards – pop them out of the cabinet about an inch, then reseat. Make sure the cables are secure.

Next, can you dial an internal extension from one of the fax ports? If so, try dialing an outside call using the trunk access code or ARS feature code. If we can establish that the port is able place a call, we can eliminate hardware and it’s most likely a programming issue.

#64057 02/25/10 04:51 AM
OP Offline
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I have used a butt set to dial out and as long as I dial fast enough I can get out. If I dial slow then I get a phone system generated fast busy. I have also tested by picking up the handset on the fax machine and as long as I dial quick enough the call goes through. Lastly I turned the volume up on the fax machine speaker and listened to the fax. It gets its dial tone, dials the eight, and starts to dial the fax number. Around the 5th or 6th number it will then get the phone system generated fast busy. I feel like from the hardware prospective I am okay and think it is a problem with the programming. Next time I will be more descriptive. Thanks for your help.

#64058 02/25/10 02:45 PM
Gene This may not help your issue but I would make the ext your fax is on have prime line. To do this make the ext a house phone located on the right side with system/devices and feature codes/(stations or endpoints) highlight the ext. Set House phone day and night to 92000 for ARS or the trunk number or trunk group number you want to use to call out. Make sure you have access to that group from that ext.
Randy
FYI
Dial Initiation

Limits the amount of time an endpoint can remain off hook without dialing before the system sends reorder tones. You could make this longer default is 15 seconds maybe this has been changed minimum is 5

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,892
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,840 Shoretel
189,961 CTX100 install
188,060 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024