web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#65776 03/09/11 08:41 AM
OP Offline
We have an Intertel CS5000 phone system that is shared amongst a couple of hunt groups and I want to know if it’s possible to restrict the calls coming into a Hunt Group.
We want to restrict it so that only those agents available (via acd login) are ready to take calls. If they are busy (DND or not logged into the ACD) then when a call comes into the pbx it needs to be presented to the caller as engaged. I tried unticking “Camp-Ons Allowed” to “No” for a hunt group and called the number that had no agents logged in but it went straight to the mailbox announcement. We need it to come up as engaged as we use a virtual queue outside the pbx that allows callers to queue virtually in the event of our pbx having no agents available to take the call. I hope this makes sense

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Do the calls route through a star and CRA? if so the caller will never hear busy tone as the call is answered by the VM first.
Try routing the call directly to the huntgroup with camp-ons turned off

OP Offline
Hi Tim. Yes we need to route the calls through to a star and then to also to a cra because of the time zones. If we are not able able to send an engaged because of using this then are we able to set the maximum numbers of callers allowed to queue in a hunt group. We just came across the problem that other hunt groups were not able to receive calls as 1 hunt group was filled up with calls queuing in that hunt group.

Hi Michael, No there is no way of restricting the amount of calls that queue on a group.
If the issue is that calls to this group busy out the trunks so that other calls can't get through, the only way to restrict will be at the network level which I think you have already tried.
If you use a non-geo number (eg 0845) then maybe the provider can restrict the calls.
The only way the system can return busy from the group is if the calls go direct to the group.
If they go via the STAR and CRA if the group is busy the VM will tell the caller the group is unavailabe but by this time the call is already using a trunk.
The only other option would be to connect an additional ISDN line and use this for that group and limit the channels on that cct

OP Offline
Hi Tim.
Thanks for your response. That's a shame that the Intertel can not do that. Our last phone system we had which was a samsung idcs was capable of doing this. I can not point it directly to the hunt groups because I need the tag of the hunt group name that is listed on the cra. Is it possible to assign a name to a hunt group when the call comes in we know how to answer the call? Our staff answer calls for many companies and need to know for which company this call is coming for.

You can use a phantom to display the name of the company dialed. this will work in the same way as a CRA in that it will display the name of the phantom that the call is forwarded from.
Create a phantom and and give it a user name, set up a system or manual forward to the huntgroup, point the DDI at the phantom. The company name that will be displayed to the agent will be the username of the phantom in the same way as when it is forwarded from the CRA.
Doing it this way means that the call is not answered by the system to route the call so when it is presented to the huntgroup if there are no agents available the caller should get busy tone
Give this a try

Tim

OP Offline
Hi Tim. Thanks for your response.
I have done as you have mentioned above.
It works fine if agents are available. I can see the call coming in with the forward of the user name I assigned to the phantom. However if there are no agents in the hunt group available to take the calls then it just rings continuously.
If I do not use the phantom and just point to the hunt group I get an engaged tone as I set the hunt group as "Camp-Ons Allowed” to “No”.
The Phantom I have never used before but All I did was create a phantom device which was 1012. I added a forward path to point to the Hunt grpup and I also set the Forward Flag setting "Station - Immediate" to "Yes". I then added in the DDI toll table to point directly to the Phantom.
I can see some additional flags in the Phantom and I set them as follows;

DDI/E&M Receive.... Set to Yes
Receive busy Instead of DND... Set to Yes

Is there anything I have missed?
I appreciate your support to date.

Hi Michael, I have just tested this set up and unfortunatly the phantom will not forward the call to a busy destination the call remains ringing the phantom, so this setup will not work to return busy to the caller.

so we come to the point of wanting to see the DDI description so you know how to answer the call.
In station flags you will find a flag called
"Outside Party call information has priority"
Setting this flag to no on the phones which the agents log into will display the DDI description and not the calling party number.
If you need to see both then you have an issue with returning busy tone.

So to return Busy to callers when no agent is available, route the DDI to the group and set campon to no, set Outside Party call information has priority flag to no on the endpoints.

NB. If you do need to see the CLI of the caller you could use CTI app phone manager to achieve this.

Tim

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,300
Posts638,879
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,757 Shoretel
189,835 CTX100 install
187,966 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
4 members (justbill, Bushmills, Yoda, Toner), 144 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024