web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#66338 07/07/11 09:20 AM
OP Offline
I've poked around and found a few phantom numbers by the Keyset/MDPM method under circuits, and if I dial them they work. However, when I try to add a new phantom number to a existing extension, they don't work. Dialing the phantom extension just says "xxx unplugged." I've looked over the settings and they appear to be the exact same. Am I missing a step in adding phantom numbers?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Inter-Tel
Moderator-Inter-Tel
How are you trying to add a new phantom number to an existing extension? What are you using these phantom extensions for?

OP Offline
From cabinets, I change a working extension from Keyset to Keyset/MDPM, then I enter the # for phantom extension and it shows up under circuit 2. I'm trying to make one for a pseudo park zone, I tried to copy what worked for the other one.

Moderator-Inter-Tel
Moderator-Inter-Tel
How do the working ones act when you dial their extension?

Have you done a copy and paste from a working "phantom" to the one you created?

Typically, I believe calls would be transferred to the hold of these extensions and they wouldn't be dialed directly. Have you tried "parking" a call on the one you created?

OP Offline
If I dial the working one, it does seem to place it on hold. Basically, the "park zone" button on the phone is programmed to dial the phantom. If I knew how to make it automatically transfer to hold I would be happy with that and not even bother with a phantom. The new phantom just says its unplugged if I try to use it.

Don’t use the phantom extension for the park zone.

Create a hunt group with the MDPM phantom as the only member. Transfer the call to the hunt group pilot number to “park” it. Program the operator station as the hunt group recall destination, so calls aren’t forgotten if no one picks it up.

You can create a DSS key for the hunt group on the operator station, for one-button transfer and visual indication that the “park zone” is in use. Don’t forget to adjust the recall timer as needed, and set the MOH correctly so callers don’t hear ringing.

OP Offline
That seems like the best solution, however I can't get past MPDM phantom creation because they don't work. Any new phantom extension I try to create says it is unplugged.

Something doesn’t sound right there, but I don’t have access to a system to test.

Finally had a chance to sit down and play with this. Instead of using an MDPM phantom, use a regular phantom device.

Under various call conditions, they behave differently.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,878
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,757 Shoretel
189,835 CTX100 install
187,962 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
2 members (hitechcomm, Memphisribs), 105 guests, and 323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024