web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#66595 09/01/11 02:55 AM
OP Offline
We are exploring the world of APIs. We want to have a caller enter their account number and then send either a pop up message with the information, or have the account open in our OEM software, when the call is connected to an Agent.

My first question is how do we get entered data? Do any of you have experience with this? I'd love to hear how you tackled the project.

I know that Mitel offers the SDK which uses Callviewer. I'm waiting on information from Xarios as to how they pull information and create pop ups.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#66596 09/01/11 02:59 AM
OP Offline
We also want to match the account number with the caller ID. This is information just for our own reporting purposes. We have Customer Service Manager running on a MAS server. The prior version, Contact Center Suite, kept Access databases. The new version is SQL. I can see the tables (duplicates of the individual databases in CCS), but I do not know the location of the database itself. Does anyone out there know the answer to that one?

#66597 09/06/11 03:41 PM
I've explored some of that area. I don't think there is anything native inside the Inter-Tel system that would do what you are looking to do. Generically, the first question would be handled by an IVR (interactive voice-response) setup. Typically a standalone server that a call routes through on the way inbound to collect data.

Obviously the voice-mail system (be it VPU or EM) is powerful enough to do some sort of this, but I don't know of anyway to hook into it to add programming such as this. Googling some, it looks like the Inter-Tel custom solution group had some IVR setups that they had done, but no real details on what they used. Typically it is an external box.

I have at some point in the past hooked an Asterisk system up via a trunk from an Inter-Tel and passed calls from one to the other, and done some basic programming with Asterisk to do whatever needed. I didn't ever get to the point of passing the call back. But the Asterisk system can prompt, receive digits, and has a programming API (the AGI) that can run whatever programming language you'd like.

As to the collecting info, the architecture of such a thing is that there is a logging server setup to pull OAI data from the system and store it in logs (database) for reports. Agent apps on the desktops would also attach to the logging system and when an event notification is required, the logging system would push it out to the agent app over its network connection. The Agent app would do the popup and present whatever other data is required.

Personally, I found most of the screen popup software pretty lacking, and if I ever really needed that functionality, I figured I would have to end up writing it all myself from scratch. I had some basics done up (long ago, in another place, I don't have anything left now) but never went further with it.

#66598 09/06/11 04:51 PM
I installed the Inter-Tel IVR years ago that collected a caller's account number and then screen popped based on that number. The agents just used the TAPI client. Callviewer can do pop ups as can Xarios but getting the account number and not the caller ID would be the tricky part.
You can import the account number\caller ID pairs into CSM\CCS pretty easily. If you're familiar w\ the Reporter app you've seen the 'Field 2', Field 3' call info objects before. If you import a csv i n the format of:
Field 1 (caller ID number), Field 2 (caller ID name), Field 3 (account number)
then when you run reports on that customer the account number would show up wherever you place the 'Field 3' value. You import via the DB Manager app.

#66599 09/07/11 05:00 PM
I was told by support a while back engenius can build custom apps like your looking for and will have the support you would want to have long term. I had called on basically what you are looking for using software a collection agency uses without dragging and dropping into the UCExpress and doing a pop matching CID to the database or dialing a code on a letter to pull a file before it is answered so the agent has all the info before answering. I know this isn't the solution but a place to start for sure
Randy

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,314
Posts638,913
Members49,773
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,057 Shoretel
190,274 CTX100 install
188,536 1a2 system
Newest Members
lyte, 4thright, dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons
49,773 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 20
jsaad 6
teleco 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (lyte), 117 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024