Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
#6988 08/11/05 04:54 PM
KLD Offline
Ed, I agree with you but I also see the other side, also, but it's like breaking in any new helper ---- see what he's made of and see if he barks AND bites ! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

I'm sure we went through the same, just a long time ago and it was a lot simpler then (maybe).

I wish him luck, and hopefully, someday he'll realize his errors and change his ways and become what every boy child wants to be --- a telephone man. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Ken
---------
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#6989 08/11/05 05:37 PM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Yes, but at the same time we need people who can help us figure out our computers and more importanly, VoIP!

I don't know about you, but VoIP is here and I have no clue about getting around a customer's router. Many wasted hours!

I am smart, but then, I am kind of dumb! Hey, when I got into this business, it was just phones and they were 1A2.

I think being a plumber would have been a better career choice. Not much you can do to change things in that industry.

Here I go, changing the theme of the orignal subject. How easily we telephone people are distracted

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
#6990 08/12/05 02:35 AM
KLD Offline
Ed, you are right --- that's why I work in association with a computer guy. If it will require that interaction, I either have the customer's guy or bid it with my guy.

Same for the sparkies, call yours or I'll use mine, either way the customer pays. Same for LEC work. Customer's responsibility.

Low volt interfaces with F O for HVAC is a real money maker , the sparky gets the work, runs the wire, computer guy sets the protocols, I drink coffee and design the dial network for reporting and maintenance. Eeverybody makes a buck and the customer is happy.

Hire a computer guy if work requires, or, since I don't do that many, work with a computer guy, bond with one, work out a work agreement so he's available and you know the price up front, then you have both worlds. I refer this guy to a lot of my customers and he does the same for me.

Have a good day, it's raining cats and dogs here. We needed it real bad. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Ken
---------
#6991 08/26/05 01:52 AM
what happend with this anyone know? I saw a couple of other posts I am just curious if he was able to do it.

#6992 08/26/05 02:00 AM
He successfully completed the install and became Nortel certified. Nortel saw pictures and read the post on this BB and offered him a job. He is now CEO of Nortel but I heard Cisco is looking hard at stealing him away.

#6993 08/26/05 02:12 AM
LOL

Barring a few issues he has completed the job

https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/001105.html

see the link about for "the rest of the story"

#6994 08/26/05 02:44 AM
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Don't you think this simple install has been covered enough?

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
#6995 08/26/05 08:09 AM
Mannin wanted to know what happened as he is going to attempt the same

#6996 08/29/05 03:02 AM
Yes, but at the same time we need people who can help us figure out our computers and more importanly, VoIP!
I don't know about you, but VoIP is here and I have no clue about getting around a customer's router. Many wasted hours!

I am smart, but then, I am kind of dumb! Hey, when I got into this business, it was just phones and they were 1A2.

I think being a plumber would have been a better career choice. Not much you can do to change things in that industry.

Here I go, changing the theme of the orignal subject. How easily we telephone people are distracted

I wouldn't put too much stock into the "Myth of Network Guy" Most of them do
their networks about as well as squikey did the phone install.

WHY/How exactly do you think you get
50 spam mails every flipping day about making your D*ck bigger from return e-mails like MSN.com and Adidas.com and CBS.com or anything with a user that's xyszaxa? It's because all those "Network" guys wouldn't know how to secure a network if you gave them a lock and a key.
The one MAJOR thing that VOIP has actually done is exposed just how LITTLE skill and knowledge most IT guys have!

Computers are extremely forgiving. As long as you're close they'll work. Most IT guys solve "lack of performance" with throwing money at it. More upgrades more memory, sound familiar - instead of fixing the network.

Half the battle with VOIP, if you're putting it into an existing network is figuring out the clusterf*ck that's been done to it.

#6997 08/29/05 03:33 AM
OP Offline
Uh, spam has nothing to do with whether or not the network is secure. Why don't you write a spam filter if you know so much about it?

As for performance... If a server is running slow because it is short on memory, there is not much you can do other than add more memory, and memory is pretty cheap these days anyway. I'm not sure what you mean when you say "instead of fixing the network".

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,385 Shoretel
189,094 CTX100 install
187,414 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (newtecky), 135 guests, and 358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024