web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
zenman Offline OP
OP Offline
So my wife complains that the doorbell isn't loud enough. So I start looking at a new doorbell chime, which leads to wireless chimes, which leads to an intercom, which leads to a videophone. Need advice.

Live in a 8 yr old house in Reno. Figure might want a door intercom. But what should I consider about getting a phone system? How expensive is it to retrofit? What is a good price point? What are the advantages that would make me want to lay out some serious cash?

Thanks. I'm at [email protected]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Zenman,

Well the first thing you have to look at is your wiring.

If you go to a phone system - for residential, generally speaking most people will recommend a panny 624 as a good overall that will give you intercom, monitoring (this is nice if you ahve youg kids) and door bell - you need to have home run wiring not daisy chain. Most residentials are wired by electricians who do not know or anticipate the use of phone systems in homes even today, much less 8 years ago.

So depending on your wiring and the houses "ability" to be retro fit will be your first issue.

There are ways around this. For example, I carry a small system called the Bizfon that allows for the use of standard consumer grade cordless phones with full pbx functions including things like door bells and openers, so even if you can't run cable you can do it. You should expect to spend at least a $1000 but more likely around $2000 depending on the features, functions and number of lines and extensions you are looking for.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,623 Shoretel
189,512 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 145 guests, and 353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024