web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#77663 12/27/05 08:36 AM
OP Offline
It took me a while to figure out how to link my two Partner systems through VOIP, so here is what I did. I wanted to be able to hit a button on my 18D then hit the extension or * and the extension and get connected just like using intercom on my local Partner system. I used the MultiVOIP from MultiTech and it was a snap. Here is how it works.

Partner (Washington)
Ext 31,32,33,34
All these extensions have no lines associated with them and produce an intercom dial tone on off hook. They are also all in the Hunt Group 776

Partner (California)
Same setup as Washington

The extensions are hooked to the FXO ports on the MultiVOIP untis.

When a caller hits the assigned button (*776) on their 18D it hunts Ext 31-34 for an available extension, they then get a dial tone from the local MultiVOIP and type the remote extension # or * & the remote extension #. The MultiVOIP then uses our VPN link to connect to the remote MutiVOIP. The remote unit then picks up an available extension on the remote PBX, which produces the intercom dial tone. The local MultiVOIP then dials the numbers the caller input earlier and boom you are connected. :dance:

It will also work with more than two offices. You just need to assign the offices numbers and dial that number before the extension, so that it knows what remote unit to connect to.

In addition to saving long distance charges it also reduces the amount of calls the receptionists have to transfer, since you can dial direct.

If you are looking a Partner VOIP solution I hope this helps.

Cheers
Craig

BTW: This is a great BB. :thumb:

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

#77664 12/27/05 10:49 AM
Not a bad solution but you do have limited functionality from one system to the other. The connection is hardly transparent for users because the handling for inter-office calls or transfers is different than within the same system.

I would like to see Avaya include the ability to link systems in future Partner releases.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#77665 12/27/05 11:34 AM
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I have heard through the grape vine that the NIC card they put in the r.7's will be used for that in future releases. Hopefully.

At the present it isn't being used for anything.

We also ues MultiTech to connect Partners and it does work pretty well.

We will usually have a channel out of the line port of the Partner on one side A go into a extension port on side B. And the same coming back. 2-port MultiTech minimum on both sides for that. Can choose number of port MultiTech depending on how many channels needed. Then you can have line and extension buttons assigned to the phones on both or serval locations. And it makes it seamless and invisable to the customer and multitech's which location. Then label the phones acordingly.

And when a call comes into side A you can tranfer it seamlessly to side B,C,D or E. Or viseversa.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
#77666 12/27/05 04:48 PM
OP Offline
Originally posted by mdaniel:
I have heard through the grape vine that the NIC card they put in the r.7's will be used for that in future releases.
So do they already have voice compression chips on the board or will you have to upgrade the whole unit?

Craig

#77667 12/27/05 05:12 PM
That's pure speculation at this point but one thing I would be pretty certain about is that the R7.0 would be upgradable like the R1 through R6 is. Do they have voice compresson chips? Who knows, that's not my job.

It's anybodies guess but I have always felt that the ethernet port would be used for remote administration just like the Partner Messaging but no reason it couldn't serve both uses. Hopefully we are both right.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,601 Shoretel
189,482 CTX100 install
187,648 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024