web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
With the revolution of Ip systems you also in time merge to a generic IP software based competition. Where as, Ip sets become generic and you only have to buy a server,cards and user license. You will need an analog ring card on your PC with an 8x24 software package for 199.00 with rebate.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Where as, Ip sets become generic and you only have to buy a server,cards and user license. You will need an analog ring card on your PC with an 8x24 software package for 199.00 with rebate.

Server, cards, router, software, ISP, network wiring and phones plus someone to set it up and maintain it= $$$$$.

Compare that with hanging a KSU on the wall, running some cables to the phones and CO lines and forgetting about it.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Thanks Hal & Station Specialties..especially for the part about the "shovel vs backhoe"...makes sense.

Thanks Mike, For all of us who scramble to keep service going from sticky buttons to the unimaginable.

Like Hal said, The customers washng machine washes the clothes. He might need a motor or belt from time to time. On top of it It's just a phone sytem that needs a nominal service and price to fix it,, and not two techs and a laptop at twice the rate to solve something that normally would never happen.

Hal, the 199.95 is the suckers starter rebate package and in result they should have bought a simple key system. Like so many other systems and ideas that come and go. People are audible and visual and like to see lights and the line on hold and co line #15 on all 50 stations if you know what I mean.

That's why I like these forums..alot of different, REAL perspectives,...not a bunch of "bells and whistles".

I can built bells and whistles without IP, Thanks Mike

KLD Offline
"...and end user license..."

Therein lies the problem.

Hal, you said it all. And Mike (VP Mike, that is) is in the same boat as a high percentage of us here on the board --- small businesses servicing small businesses.

IP is a non-mature technologies looking for a home, even a foster home. I don't have any customers that want to be on the "bleeding edge" of technology.

My $2.98 worth (inflation, you know, due to user license).

Ken
---------
IP is a non-mature technologies looking for a home, even a foster home.

A classic Statment on market research by KLD, on a delinquent market share. Group Homes for telecom systems. The IP marketing managers do need assisted living and help.

I am laughing too hard KLD... so true with that statement...

I sure hope that I didn't 'misguide' this thread with my earlier opinion. Thank you for your important responses, and I do have a much better understanding now.

Station Specialties, I saw another statement in a different forum that you might get a kick out of..."A solution looking for a problem".

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,910 Shoretel
190,069 CTX100 install
188,265 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 72 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024