Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
DannyP Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey all,

Recently it was brought to my attention that occasionaly when two people talk using the Inter Ring function (the intercom that rings, instead of turning on the speakerphone. Not sure what it is technically called) on our Merlin legend system, the conversation will be played over the loudspeakers throughout the plant. This seems to happen once or twice every 3-6 months, randomly.

Obviously this is not a desired function. Any help would be appreciated. I am sure you guys will need more information. I haven't got a lot of experience, so please bear with me.

Thanks!

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
Do you have any SINGLE LINE SETS?

What is the code for OVERHEAD Paging?

I recall some problems with this being caused by Single Line Sets and Paging.

RULE NUMBER 2, "THINKIN' WON'T GET IT, YOU GOTTA KNOW!" RULE NUMBER 3, if you need TIER-3 SUPPORT on a LEGEND or MAGIX, go to http://home.comcast.net/~merlinman -
DannyP Offline OP
OP Offline
Merlinman,

by Single Line Sets, I assume you are talking about phones that only pick up one line (they are not the MLX or BIS with both inter-ring and inter-voice, as they are called here). We have a couple of conference phones, and a couple of cordless residential phones that are connected via a VoIP solution to allow our offsite warehouse to have access to our PBX. The single line sets are not involved in the conversations when this happens. I do not know if they are in use or not, but the latest incident was between a person with a BIS-10 model and a person with an MLX-10DP.

As for the Overhead Paging, the only way I know to access it on the phones that don't have it as a programmed button (Loudspeaker Page is what shows up, but that seems to have dissapeared so I cannot add it anymore, only copy it), is to have people pick up line 812 using Feature,9,812 (or #9812 for people without feature buttons).

Please let me know if that was understandable, or if you need more information.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.

happens in our office less frequently, but once in a while.

I think I found where the recep gal will page, then go to a call previously on-hold. When the on-hold call gets picked up, the o'head is still engaged so the conversation is 3way with the overheads.

Don't know if yours is similar, just what I found here.

it's all tip and ring
RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
OK, my foggy brain is starting to remember one scenario that could cause this.

How is your PAGING SYSTEM connected to your TELEPHONE SYSTEM?

That may be our first clue....

RULE NUMBER 2, "THINKIN' WON'T GET IT, YOU GOTTA KNOW!" RULE NUMBER 3, if you need TIER-3 SUPPORT on a LEGEND or MAGIX, go to http://home.comcast.net/~merlinman -
DannyP Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry about the double post. Brain is not working well today apparently.

Please Delete this post. Thanks.

DannyP Offline OP
OP Offline
I am not entirely sure, but I think the phone system sees it as a telephone line (because picking up line 812 activates it). Is that what you mean, or do you need me to trace wires?

Thanks for your help.

RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
Danny - The scenario I was thinking of involved paging connected to a T&R Station Port. Some paging systems would interface like that.

What you need to do now is insure that your line 812 is defined under Aux Equip as a PAGING Port.

Otherwise, a TRUNK TO TRUNK transfer is still possible.

What you need to do now is insure that your line 812 is defined under Aux Equip as a PAGING Port.

Merlin man is right. I bet it happens on every 12th time.

The line needs to be removed or line assignment needs to be reprogrammed. Even if it was defined under Aux I would still remove line assignment.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,871
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,717 Shoretel
189,755 CTX100 install
187,919 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (dmcdream), 128 guests, and 337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024