Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#87392 11/26/07 10:31 AM
Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
I am looking for a solution to company need and thought some of you may have ran across this in your world.

I have a Definity G3si version 11 phone system. Most users are on 8410D phones. Internally, we can see each other calling one another. Outside calls come in with the trunk group name in the display.

I have two voice T1's (dynamically allocated) to act as one 48 channel pipe. Traffic over these lines consists of (3)incoming 800 lines, DID, two-way Long Distance and outbound local. The CIRCUIT ID on these T1's start with DHEC... and they are wink/wink.

1) We would like to have true Caller ID for incoming calls. Would that require me to convert my current T1's to PRI?

2) Is there such a thing as having a 8410D or other Avaya phone with the ability to capture information of prior callers? Would there be an add-on piece to view these callers numbers?

An example of this need: An automotive technican who misses an 800 line call ends up with a voicemail from this caller. The caller leaves a message but the verbal phone number is unclear. Could the technician view a call log of the last 5-20 calls to figure out who might have left that message so they can be called back?

I appreciate any input. This may be a simple application but is something we haven't really needed until now. Thank you for your assistance! Rhonda

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

There are some "hackish" ways to emulate that on a circuit like yours, usually sending the *ANI*DNIS* or similar instead of just the DNIS information. Going with PRI would be more supported, I've never seen anyone do it on a Definity, just older switches. Not sure about caller ID on an 8410.

This can all be done.

1. Yes. You need to swap out the T1's for PRI's. My suggestion is that if you currently have 2 T1's, then order 2 PRI's. I would install 2 new DS1 boards and CSU's in the PBX and turn up the PRI's. Then at a later date and time, port the DID's and move the 800 numbers.

2. This can be done right now. Do a 'cha sys feat'. On page 2 you will see "Leave word calling parameters". Set maximum number of messages per station to 10. Set maximum number of external calls logged per station to 10. Set Message Waiting Indication for external calls to Yes. Then 'cha station XXXX'. On page 2 set lwc activation to Yes. Set lwc log external calls to Yes. On page 3 add a 'msg-retr' and 'delete-msg' and 'next' buttons. Now when a call is abandoned or covered the MWI will light up. Press msg-retr to see the info. Use the next button to see the next call. Use the delete-msg button to delete a call. Press exit to clear the display.

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]
you will also need to have the circuit vendor present the incoming caller id to the PRI

:toast: :bang: :banana:
If you decide to go the PRI route you will need 1 tn464F and one tn767. The 464's are fairly pricey but the 767's are not. This way you set up one signaling group (the 464F) using 23 channels and the second PRI to the 767 with 24 channels.

Mike Jones
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
I certainly appreciate all of your assistance. I'll give all of your suggestions a try.

Your input is appreciated! Rhonda

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,309
Posts638,906
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,034 Shoretel
190,241 CTX100 install
188,398 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
dexman 4
Yoda 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (etdiego, Bull Tone), 149 guests, and 116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024