web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Another thing to consider is number of trunk lines.
Generally speaking; the more trunks you bridge, the lower the transmission quality.
I have no experience with the ESI system, but it the "quote" from ipofficeguy is correct; you can avoid the hassle of the ESI's conferencing shortfalls. With IPO, all you need is a short code for a "conference meet me" and wha-la - you have the means to put a combination of 64 connections into one bridge.

Andy Ellis
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

bmoeb Offline OP
OP Offline
Yeah I noticed that with esi plus to conference with the ESI system we would have to call each individual ughh..

I am going to recommend the PRO system but I guess I will see what the Officers go for.

We are moving to a brand new shiny office so I get to figure out the wire layout as well. If I just get everything brought back to my data room through cat 6 cable, phones one color and the computers another and have them all punched into a patch panel, I should be good right? I have not cabled many phone systems and I want to make sure it gets done correctly. Once we pick the system I guess I will just bring the vendor in to meet with the construction company, just in case.

Thanks for the info again.

Overworked systems admin
www.eicreations.com
I don't know about the ESI, but the IPO will work flawlessly using 568B - after all, Lucent came up with the wiring scheme.

Edit:
I just had another thought.
Depending on the size of the cabling job, you may want to consider VoIP sets. You will be able to cut your cabling in half. Just remember to get the VCM sized appropriately - 1 channel per trunk if you will think all the trunks might be in use at any one time.

Andy Ellis
Embedded is not very usefull for most places. VM Pro is quite a bit more expensive but is a case of "you get what you pay for" the guy who said this knows his limitations.

The IP office guy knows his stuff.

Ok guys. Just think of adding your own customized wave file on hold transfer to a group pickup off site. Then make it happen.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
SS, are you asking if the IPO can do that?

I'm confused.

bmoeb Offline OP
OP Offline
D Day is drawing close, If I go with Avaya it will be the Pro I ended up getting a good deal for the system. The cost is going to mirror the ESI 200 system we were looking at.

I feel like my head is going to explode!

Overworked systems admin
www.eicreations.com
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Originally posted by bmoeb:

The ESI 200 system seems pretty nice, it just doesn't have conference ability that the ip office has. We do conference calls once a week with about 20 people...Ughh, Its a good thing I have 2 days to make a decision.. Thanks!
Originally posted by bmoeb:
Yeah I noticed that with esi plus to conference with the ESI system we would have to call each individual ughh..
Why such a difficult decision? It seems that the ESI can not do one of your requirements. And the price is the same.....

bmoeb Offline OP
OP Offline
Well you can always use an outside conference call, and our CFO brought in the ESI vendor smile . It also has 16 voicemail ports vs 4 for the IP Office. The differences really seem to cancel each other out in the long run. I am going to recommend the avaya system since I believe it to be setup for expansion. We are getting a dynamic 3.0 mb pri for voice and data. We have satellite offices that we may drop IP phones in over the next year (2 phones per office). The ESI can handle it as well we would just need to get a second PRI card dropped in it.

Overworked systems admin
www.eicreations.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,892
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,834 Shoretel
189,957 CTX100 install
188,059 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 107 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024