web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
remchuk Offline OP
OP Offline
Customer wants night service to come on automatically with time of day. Business is Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm.

Currently, the main listed number, xxx-8868, is answered on sta 2178. There is an incomming call route as follows:

Line Group Id Incoming Number Destination
0 xxx8868 2178 SScott
Fallback (blank)
Night Svc Profile (none)
Night Svc Destination (blank)

At night, customer logs into IPO Manager and changes the destination to 2313 ( main system greeting ).

I changed fallback to 2313. Added a Night Svc Profile with time and day settings. Changed Night Svc Destination to 2313. All three of these failed.

They have VMPro 4.0

What am I missing?

Thanks

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
look in your time profiles, are there any entries?

If not, that is why its not changing.

Add a time profile, and set up the companies CLOSED hours:
M-F 5p-12a
M-F 12a-8a
Sat, sun 12a-1159p

Save that, then go to your incoming call route and set that time profile in the route, then your fall back should adhere to it.

To test it, try to manually set the hunt group to Night service, and test the route.

remchuk Offline OP
OP Offline
There were no time profile entries. In the Incoming Call Route I created one (for closed hours) and used it in Night Svc Profile, also set Night Svc Destination to 2313. It failed, so I removed them.

The only hunt group is a fax group. I don't understand how voicemail calls are currently covering to VMPro (is this handled by an IP route?).

Since we're talking aboot Time Profiles. When I added one, the form gave me a drop down with start and stop time. The days of the week had check boxes by them. Can you create multiple profiles for night service within one call route?

I know this is gonna be simple, I just can't grasp it.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Multiple time profiles are available in 4.1.

I mispoke on the previous reply, for incoming call routes, you make the time profile for the open times. (i was thinking of hunt groups, where the time profile is set for closed hours...)

Make sure your time profiles are correct.

If you need, send your config to me and I can make the changes so you ca see.

remchuk Offline OP
OP Offline
So for 3.2(55), all I need to do is create a Time Profile to use for night service? The profile should be set up to start and stop on the OPEN hours for the days that I checkmark?

Then I edit the Incomming Call Route as follows:

1. Leave original destination to the live person at x2178.
2. Set Fallback to my after hours greeting of 2313.
3. Set Night Service Profile with the Time Profile from above.
4. Set Night Service Destination to my after hours greeting (like the Fallback).

I'll be going back to site Wednesday. If this doesn't work, I'll send you a config from Manager.

Do I need to reboot system to apply changes?
Thanks

remchuk Offline OP
OP Offline
Mongo,
I didn't get out there today. If you can reply, I'd like to get confirmation that I understand your suggestions before I go back on site.

Thanks

I think Mongo is confused...the time profile should show the times they are CLOSED.
Setup a time profile called "night" or "closed" whichever makes more sense to you.
In the time profile, make all the entries for when you want the night destination as Mongo described above.
Then do the steps you listed.

Those changes should not require a reboot.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
If you are using a time profile in the incoming call route, you set the open hours. Those are the hours it looks to to send to that route.

Quote from the manual:
· Time Profile
This column is used to specify the time profiles used by the incoming call routes. The entry displays a drop-down list of existing time profiles from which a selection can be made. To remove an existing entry, select it by clicking on the button on the left of the row, then right-click on the row and select Delete.
Yes, you have it correct. pm if needed

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,696 Shoretel
189,726 CTX100 install
187,909 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 102 guests, and 288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024