web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
bmoeb Offline OP
OP Offline
We have a Partner 7 system from what I can tell.

It used to have 4 phones, with 4 different Lines. The office now has 2 phones and 2 lines.

Of course being the no phone tech I am, I went in and 'fixed' it.

Without going into all the problems,(I created) I think it would be easier to rebuild it from scratch.

I just want both phones to have access to one general mailbox, the voicemail light on both phones to light up and for the lines to rollover as needed. I don't need an auto attendant.

I downloaded the admin software from the website, the system has a lan port. Do I need a crossover cable to connect to it?

Thanks for any help.

Now I'm off to reading the system administration pdf.

Overworked systems admin
www.eicreations.com
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

This may help you.

https://support.avaya.com/japple/cs...mp;temp.releaseID=194851&x=5&y=8

On this same link there will be documentation on your VM as well.

Good Luck!

As far as I know, Partner does not have the ability to light multiple message lamps for a single mailbox. Assuming you have some fersion of Partner messaging.
Your "rollover" is more commonly known as "hunting" and is a telco service feature. Partner does not provide hunting on lines. Although with delay ringing you can almost emulate it. Hunting is available for stations (extensions), but it is a rotating hunt cycle. Meaning a call rings the first extension. A new call rings the second extension. Another new call rings the third extension. And so on. The hunting only actually takes place when an extension that is supposed to receive a call is in use or in Do Not Disturb.
Unless you are looking at a voice mail module, what you think is a LAN port is actually a Com port.

Andy Ellis
As mentioned above Hunting comes from telephone lines provider. As Andy told there is no multiple MWL provided by Partner. I would make those lines to ring on both phones but make only one extension as an Line owner(Com. #208). All messages will be going to one MB and as soon as Light will comes up both users can retrieve 'em by log in that extension's MB.

bmoeb Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all the info!

I will be heading back over on Monday to take a look at the system.

The only reason I said lan port was because it was labeled 'Lan Port' on the system itself.

I guess I can do a brief description of what is happening while I wait for my next trip out there.

I'm a network administrator that has inherited the phone systems programming. My company thinks it's all the same...

There is an auto-attendant setup, that forwards directly to a mailbox (ext 10).

There are no lines that are owned from what I found out.

We have two extensions 15, and 10.

Extension 10's phone lights up when there is a new voicemail.

But extension 10 can't call out for some reason. There are no restrictions on the extension.

When I go to dial 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx it won't work. I can dial 15 and it will transfer me to ext 15.

I never had to dial 9 or anything else before. We just have 4 POTS lines going into the system.
2 are active
2 are not active.

Extension 15 can dial out fine, and the lines seem to work properly. But the message lamp is light up on 10. (I broke it, I admit it).

I just want to be able to select either line from either phone to dial out.

Also ext. 15 only rings when a new call is recieved. I tried assigning the line to extension 10 but it didn't work.

Hopefully I make sense, I feel like a computer user with just enough knowledge to do damage, but not enough to fix it lol.

Thanks again

Overworked systems admin
www.eicreations.com
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
PM sent to bmoeb

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
bmoeb Offline OP
OP Offline
I ended up using the copy feature. I copied ext 15 to ext 10 and now the phone seems to work right. I guess i will find out if I broke anything else down the road smile

Overworked systems admin
www.eicreations.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,892
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,840 Shoretel
189,962 CTX100 install
188,062 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 115 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024