Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
OP Offline
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
I have a customer that needs / wants to block cell phone reception in a classroom setting. Anybody have any experiences or ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Yes, You can use a Cell Signal scrambler. If the cell phone gets its time from the towers, it will even scramble the time. Just have to look for them online. I believe the ones I have seen need to be placed every 300 feet for proper use.

But be careful, the Telecommunications Regulating Authority (ART) has issued these as a warned item. Doctors, EMS, and people who need to be alerted or to alert an emergency cannot get through. It may even scramble radios that the school staff may use.

You can also use RF screening.

Kristopher
I'm not sure the use of these things is legal. I do remember a discussion about this somewhwere from awhile back. Keep in mind that these are transmitters operating without authorization.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Also keep in mind that they may very well cause interference on various other other electronic devices.

I love it when customers want technolgy to solve issues that strict rules could accomplish.

My rules:

During this class all cell phones are to be turned off.

Your phone rings.....1 stike....and your out.

Are we here to learn or take our calls

Is this what is used in stores such as Home Depot, Lowes, and Menards.
Can never get a signal inside any of these stores once inside, even with different service providers?
Regarding Cell Phones.

No, Those stores have metal roofings and a lot of electromagnetic conductors. They don't use scramblers, it's just hard to get a signal with a lot of interference around.

Kristopher
Originally posted by kingtel:
I love it when customers want technolgy to solve issues that strict rules could accomplish.

My rules:

I agree. this is the best solution. If you try to block transmissions you may inadventenly block other signals. I hightly doubt that such devices are authorized by the FCC. The best is to enforce a no cell rule. Anything that operates that way is suspect in my book. Just tell them its again the "Patriot Act". Sometime the simple solution is the best. :nono: :nono:

ATTITUDE: It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by kingtel:

My rules:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm in total agreement. I can remember a day (just barely) when behavior like this would have had you talking to the pricipal in about two seconds.

Beer, sure I'll try one
Admin
Admin
From the FCC web site:

"The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government."

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,700 Shoretel
189,733 CTX100 install
187,909 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 97 guests, and 305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024