web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
telhack Offline OP
OP Offline
Magix System. This is the condition. Existing Call Group "2655" with 7 extensions and a loud bell. Incoming DID group call is answered, placed on hold, the requested person fails to pick up the line and the call sits there. According to the client the boss was holding for 15minutes at least and the call didn't go ring back, and only the person who answered the call had a flashing light. I expect he didn't hear the abbreviated ringing right? I turned it off so it should ring like a new call correct?

I checked the settings as follows: Mgmt Call Pickup Group 1 with 4 stations, 2nd Call Pickup Group with the employee stations, Call Group 2655 with the same stations as Pickup group 2. Abbreviate ringing ON.

How can I go about ensuring that the calls ring back. I am not sure what timer I should be checking. CampOn is for hold/transfer, TransfRetrn is not it. A 2nd problem was that mgrs couldn't pickup the call I expect that is because they weren't in the Call Pickup group 2, I added CallPickUp Group 1 to the Group 2 stations. Should I teach them to use a CampOn button to transfer the call to the desired person or can I at least ensure that the call on hold come back to whomever answered it and how should I do that? If I activate DLC for the supervisor would the call go to him after an extended period of ringing or hold?
Thanks for any input.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
I don't think they are using the system correctly.

Why not have the person who receives the call just transfer it to the requested person?

It will go to that extension, and if not answered, to their Voice Mail Box.

Or am I missing something here?

RULE NUMBER 2, "THINKIN' WON'T GET IT, YOU GOTTA KNOW!" RULE NUMBER 3, if you need TIER-3 SUPPORT on a LEGEND or MAGIX, go to http://home.comcast.net/~merlinman -
telhack Offline OP
OP Offline
I agree. This has been in place for many years. I think it probably is a problem that was magnified because its the owners call that was ignored. I created a CAMP On button and will instruct them that they will have to transfer the call, etc. but I want to make sure the situation with the forgotton call is less likely to occur again. It is a noisy car dealer repair center and probably they don't hear the beeping from a call on hold. How does the call behave if I remove the abbreviated ringing? Would it ring like a new call?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,315
Posts638,928
Members49,775
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,135 Shoretel
190,328 CTX100 install
188,709 1a2 system
Newest Members
Kahm310, PeterG, lyte, 4thright, dcl
49,775 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
jsaad 4
dans 4
lyte 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (whoami), 112 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024