Dear People,

I am a PC tech, but I installed a few Partner 7 stand alones over the years. PACS R7.0 91J

I now have a customer who needs a few more extensions and I bought the 308ec r3 with 2-slot.
I thought this would take me 30 minutes but the 308EC gets no led light and its extension are dead when I attach phone 18D. The ACS works with no problems, by itself.

Now the supplier tells me that there are problems with the 2-slot, that it is hard to seat, which does not appear to me to be a problem, just plug it in square and it should go.

Supplier is shipping out 5 slot as this is his remedy, but I have little room for it as the initial wiring on backboard was cramped, so 2-slot would be perfect.

I also understand some ACS might have bad backplane and that would end this. Unfortunately I do not have any spare modules to test it out.

Now my 1st question is can I test the 308EC by plugging power cord directing into it and see if it at least lights up?

I do not expect anything but a led light or would this blow the unit.

2nd question is there any fuse on the 2-slot, I found mention of a surface mount fuse?

3rd Is this 2-slot really a problem, so far 3 suppliers said yes and 3 said no?

I apologize for the length of this post.

Thanks,

Oz Knott