<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RICK:
I have a current customer that is leaving for a new Mitel switch, I dont have any info.
on the Mitel they want to keep me as their pbx vendor but I dont have any info on Mitel
I would rather put in an ESI or Nortel syste
m what advantage would the Mitel give them?
</font>

I'm an ESI dealer as well as a Mitel dealer. The size of the system,the amount of control they want over station, and number of analog ports usually determine which switch we lead out with. For smaller systems say 30 phones or less the ESI is usually pretty competative. Mitel plays well on bigger systems due to the wider variety of telephones at a cheaper cost. Also, as they get larger, the customer usually utilize the much more robust ARS found in Mitel. From a programming standpoint, there is very little telephone key programming in the Mitel, as the end user can easily take care of it themselves. This information is my opinion and is based on a traditional PBX not VoIP. VoIP, I would definetly go with the Mitel 200ICP. Mitel comes squared and you basically plug in the phones and your done (for small systems). Larger systems require more station programming and key changes as well as ARS. I've not had good luck with ESI.
Hope this helps. If you have specific question please post them.

[This message has been edited by vinceinmo (edited August 03, 2004).]