web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#102780 08/02/04 05:44 PM
RICK Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a current customer that is leaving for a new Mitel switch, I dont have any info.
on the Mitel they want to keep me as their pbx vendor but I dont have any info on Mitel
I would rather put in an ESI or Nortel syste
m what advantage would the Mitel give them?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#102781 08/03/04 02:00 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RICK:
I have a current customer that is leaving for a new Mitel switch, I dont have any info.
on the Mitel they want to keep me as their pbx vendor but I dont have any info on Mitel
I would rather put in an ESI or Nortel syste
m what advantage would the Mitel give them?
</font>

I'm an ESI dealer as well as a Mitel dealer. The size of the system,the amount of control they want over station, and number of analog ports usually determine which switch we lead out with. For smaller systems say 30 phones or less the ESI is usually pretty competative. Mitel plays well on bigger systems due to the wider variety of telephones at a cheaper cost. Also, as they get larger, the customer usually utilize the much more robust ARS found in Mitel. From a programming standpoint, there is very little telephone key programming in the Mitel, as the end user can easily take care of it themselves. This information is my opinion and is based on a traditional PBX not VoIP. VoIP, I would definetly go with the Mitel 200ICP. Mitel comes squared and you basically plug in the phones and your done (for small systems). Larger systems require more station programming and key changes as well as ARS. I've not had good luck with ESI.
Hope this helps. If you have specific question please post them.

[This message has been edited by vinceinmo (edited August 03, 2004).]

#102782 08/03/04 03:49 PM
RICK Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for the info, the only thing that is keeping me from selling them an X-Class is the fact that they want to change port config. via prog. where ESI does not give the option, although I could put in a patch panel,
when you say you have not had luck with the ESI, what problems have you experianced?
everyone I have put in is working perfectly,
are you talking Gen II or previous versions?
Please let me know , and thank you.
Rick

#102783 08/05/04 07:22 AM
Thank you for the info, the only thing that is keeping me from selling them an X-Class is the fact that they want to change port config. via prog. where ESI does not give the option, although I could put in a patch panel,
when you say you have not had luck with the ESI, what problems have you experianced?
everyone I have put in is working perfectly,
are you talking Gen II or previous versions?
Please let me know , and thank you.
Rick
</font>

My first experience was with remote phones of the 128plus using the local cable company. The QOS was very poor and failed daily. We created a VPN and ran it inside of that and it improved slightly. We finally installed a dedicated T1 between the sites assuring the customer that the problem was connectivity not the phones themselves. Again, only a slight improvement resulted. They had tons of bandwidth but still choppy conversations and echos. Sometime only one side of the conversation had problems and sometimes both. Since they were an insurance company and were passing VIN numbers and such, they could not work with them. We finally replaced the remoted phones with a 20 plus system and used PLEXAR to transfer between sites. We have several IP40's that work fine internally, but have a very high telephone fail rate. Although ESI is saying they see less that 1% fail, ours were running at close to 40% the 1st year. We have not promoted their IP in the last year. I'm sure new systems have improved but I'm not ready to trust them yet, especially when connecting two systems together. We are partners with another ESI dealer which have had numerous problems maintaining good connections between two or more IP switches (again, 1 year ago or more). They have since pulled most of them out and have replaced them with other products at thier expense. They too only push the traditional systems. I beleive ESI will adventually have a very good Voip product as proven by their past product lines. However, compared to other teleco's, they tend to bring out products before they have been fully proven and the dealer ends up taking the hit from our customers.

#102784 08/05/04 04:29 PM
RICK Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all the info., I have not sold any of their IP systems yet, but the
C and E-Class systems seem to be working very well I just installed the E-Class in my own office and have been trying it with VIP and am very pleased with it, do you have any
info on selling Mitel.

Thanks
Rick

#102785 08/06/04 04:46 AM
Thanks for all the info., I have not sold any of their IP systems yet, but the
C and E-Class systems seem to be working very well I just installed the E-Class in my own office and have been trying it with VIP and am very pleased with it, do you have any
info on selling mitel.

Thanks
Rick
</font>

If you are planning on selling them a Mitel, you will need to either become a dealer and get certified or partner with an existing dealer. Depending in your situation and time frame for this sale, you may not have time to get dealership and certification. The process takes about a month at best. If you go to www.mitel.com, you can look at the requirments for becoming a dealer. Another option would be to get a system on the secondary market, but you may be taking on someone elses problems and you will have no tech support from Mitel (not recommeded). A final option is while becoming a dealer, have Mitel professional services do this install for you. I did this on our first 2000 install. We didn't make as much money on the system, but I gain a wealth of knowledge and now have an expert friend in the area that will help me if I need it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 50 guests, and 422 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024