Ok, the discussion is quite a bit for me to digest right now so I guess I'll just shoot from the hip. Based on John C.'s statements, it would seem that two individual stand alone setups (one for AA and one for VM) would allow me to upgrade independently and select an AA I like and mate it with a VM I like...or do they have to be compatible somehow? Although I don't really see what could possibly make one AA better than another AA. I mean all it does is play a pre-recorded message and then register what key buttons are pressed and forwards the call to the proper extension, right? What would make one surperior to another except for longevity? I'm sure there are options that I haven't even thought of. Please educate me. EZ?? DuVoice?? CMP?? And is COV even an AA/VM system?? Based on the descriptions so far, it seems more like an interface that adds digital capabilities to the 50 and VM just happens to be one of the things that it can support once it has this upgrade. I'm only assuming this because there is a lot of talk about analog vs. digital with regards to both systems and ports. I had always assumed everything was digital already because I still can't even imagine how a PBX system can route seven phone lines to service about 60 phones without ever running out of lines if there wasn't a little computer was there sorting all the ingoing and outgoing calls. But it seems now that "analog" just refers to ports and lines used for regular voice service even if the whole system is digitally controlled, and "digital" refers to a line that has the ability to give directions to the PBX itself beyond just simple phone button commands. You're going to have to correct me if I am way off base here. Therefore, I would naturally think that I can go with AA immediately with no problem on one of my analog ports, then later add a COV upgrade to support one of the various VMs you guys are discussing. But when I add the COV/VM would it have its own AA that comes with it?? Then I would just use the COV AA and disconnect and sell the analog AA right?? or are all AAs analog as far as the 50 goes, and the COV discussion just has to do with VM? I looked up the DuVoice and from a quick glance, I don't know how it actually hooks up. It says it's standalone so would it just hook up to analog port and handle everything from there or would I still have to get a COV upgrade so it can plug into a digital port. And how do you guys know I don't already have a COV card. If I pop the big cover off of the PBX brain what do I need to look for to see what I have. No matter what route I will go, I needed an AA as of yesterday and I'm definitely sold on a future VM expansion if I don't already buy it together.

Thanks again,
Jun

P.S. What does the attendant console port on the PBX look like? Will it be obvious and clearly labeled when I'm looking at it or is it in a certain location?? I'm going to take the plunge and pull the cover just to look 'under the hood' tonight and get myself acquainted..hehe..good thing my internet doesn't have anything to do with the PBX or else I wouldn't be able to run here for help. I'll let you guys know how it goes...I remember someone saying all solid green lights is good and I remember someone else saying never work on a system on Friday...don't worry, I'm mostly just looking. Wish me luck.