I can think of 1 application for IP that really works and can't be done by pure TDM sytems. IP link in TDM system for 2-3 phones that traveling employees of the company use. As long as they have access to the internet, their motel room is an 'office cubicle'. Of course, apparently, MagicJack and a cheap S/L will do pretty much the same thing and the investment in equipment is a lot less. THIS IS NOT A PLUG FOR MAGICJACK, I haven't even bought 1 yet! So you carry your laptop and a S/L (or TDM) desk speakerphone in the same 'somewhat' larger case and plop it on the Motel room desk/table, open it up and stretch the self rewinding cables to power and the ethernet port (Or raise the wireless antenna) and "Conduct Business". The case could be a 'docking port' with a BIG LCD display in the lid. Maybe folding so you can have 2 monitors to double the width of your workspace. And pretty soon it be like the 1st portable TV's. The manufacturers put a STURDY handle on a 'small' table model and said "See if you can carry this sucker with one arm!" smile John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.