Ok, I sorted it out all by myself.

Frankly, I did not look at this topic since my last post. I must admit that starting with MItel by reading first the manuals on SX-200 ICP was the wrong move. The ICP’s manual consist of kinda 2 parts: “how to operate the screws with screwdriver” and a written by embarrassing language full of abbreviations that perfectly makes it hard to see the forest behind the trees. None of really useful “how to”s. So this time I got the manuals for EL/ML which made it easier to get to the ropes. Then I:

1. Thrown away both Light cabinets as I was not going to keep them around; got 2 of microwaves – white (W) and black (B);

2. Tried and tossed the cards in the appropriate slots between W and B and eventually found that:

- W is dead, none of MCCIIIs in it would come to the point of flashing with alarm on the cards. I guess the chassis also has some chips soldered on its circuit board, apparently toasted;

- MCCIII-ELx also ain’t good: even though I can login to it there are no installed cards shown no matter which chassis I put it in. Strangely, it lets me login with “Installer” being in bad W, but there is no way in a good one;

- MCCIII-ML is all fine, no E.8 issue, I can get in, bingo. Good enough;

3. The flash card with LightWare v19 went into ML replacing the one with LW18. Nice little upgrade won’t hurt

4. All 3 BCCs seem to be working. One turned out to be made of much less chips which look more modern, so it stayed;

5. I guess ”VERIFY DATA” is not very comprehensive, and I will have to find out which circuits on the line cards are dead and which aren’t. Apparently, the CLASS cards are not supported on ML, or, at least without the DSP module.

I ended up with: Dig-012-001-NA (1 & 2), Blue Dig 012-002-NA (3), Blue ONS/CLASS 110-002-NA (4), Blue ONS 010-003-NA (5), Universal 005-000-SA (6), LS/LG Trunk (7), Messenger (8), Bay Control, Triple-FIM, MCCIII-ML.

As a last I have manually cleaned the configuration, and even though there are some alarms I got pretty much what I wanted. LH, you can close the topic, the weekend is almost here, time to go diving.

When a fail is so epic, it becomes a win.