The other system is Shoretel. This what I found out while on site. They currently have two DTI cards (PRI) in the main cabinet, cd1/cd2. They both are configured in pool A and slot 4 card (cd1) channels 1 thru 23 and the 3rd slot card (cd2) has channels 31 thru 53 which doesn't make sense to me. I would think that both together should be channels 1-46. They both are provision as PRI/NI-2/ESF/B8zs, so what I tried to do is take the second card ch 31-53 and make that the integration card to the Shoretel. I set my PRI switch to the same settings as the DTI cd2 and connected with PRI X-over. Green lights physical connection good, but my switch doesn't see the D-CH, line code or framing. The cd2 that I want to use is set to time master and the other card cd1 is set to primary.
The Shoretel switch timing is set to slave so I tried to set the cd2 card from time master to primary, thinking it is a timing issue. When I trying to change the system wants me to change the cb1 card to time master. I didnt change the setting because all calls use the cd1 card and didnt know if that would affect calls.
Could the two DTI cards be bounded or use the same D-channel and that is why I can't get the cd2 to connect with my switch. I guess at this point I need to find a way to convert a existing DTI (PRI) to a stand alone PRI card with a seperate trunkgroup so I can integrate with.