<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by newton:
I'm connecting my laptop to a TVS50 with a null modem cable but I get no response when I power up the TVS50. In HyperTerminal I only have COM1, which gives me a message that something else is already connected to it, and COM2 is where my modem is connected to. How can I get the TVS50 to communicate with my pc? Thanks for any help you can give.</font>

Hyperterminal likes to default to the modem. What you have to do is use the drop down menu and pick the Com port you have the TVS50 hooked up to. If you don't know what # the Com Port is go to Control Panel---Administrative tools------Computer Management----Device Manager and double click on Ports. All Connected ports of your computer will show up there. If it is a USB port connected through a USB to Serial Connected to a null modem DB9 this will be very simple because the USB will "pick up" on the connection automatically. If it is a serial port on your laptop make sure the settings are correct. If you are still lost try every com port on your PC except the printer port until you get a connection. Let me know if this helps.

"It is never too late to be what you could have been"......George Elliot