I need to be a little more specific. The RFI is being induced into the building wiring FROM the 624. When I turn it off all interference disapears. The hissing sound is not from the speaker, such as in background music (yeah, I found out about that one on the 616) in the sets, it is a background noise behind a call through the handest or speakerphone. The 624 is well grounded and all wiring was working fine with the previous 616. Pansonic has a disclamer in the instructions about RFI, but I never expected it to be this severe. What I'm looking for is not only suggestions on what to do to stop it, but help in determining if I may have a stinker that needs to go back for warranty service. There is no point in spending a bunch of time chasing these problems only to find that they can't be solved on my end. I went through all of the posts and have found nothing about the RFI issue. I'd think that if this was happening on all of the units out there someone would have niticed it and written about it. As for the hissing, maybe I just have given it an over critical listening to. Like I said, I can live with the hiss, but not the RFI. Of course, not only does it cause problems across the entire AM band, but one of the hot spots is on a station that my Wife listens to...I don't need to tell you what that means!!!

Thanks again for any suggestions, I realize that this is a toughie!

Bob

Bob