Hi folks, I'm hoping someone here might be able to help.

I have just moved into premises where a panasonic KXT61610 is installed and has been powered down for quite some time.
The setup for the system is 1 x CO and 6 keyphone ext installed.

After paoweing the system up, we tried to re-program the system but ran into 2 difficulties.

1. When setting the date and time, the system sounds the confirmation tone and allows you to return to programming. however when returning the programming swith back to "set" the system loses the date and time and displays "JAN. 0 0:00 AM" which flashed on and off. the time does not advance past this and despite trying to set the time with both the "intercom 77" method and in the main programming mode, the situation does not change.

2. As the system only has 1 CO attached, we obviously wish to disable COs 2 - 6, however option 3 (which i believe is to assign COs) in the programming menu does not appear to be there, when selected the system gives the "error" tone and returns to the programming menu. Why?

The system functions correctly in other ways, making / receiving calls paging etc.

is there a problem with my system? or is it me being dumb?

Any help you guys can provide me with would be greatly appreciated, i'll be bald shortly after pulling my hair out!

Many thanks,

Rob

Why fight to live, if we're living to die?