We just installed a KX-TDA50 with 10 PT extensions and a TVA50 with 4 ports. The voice mail is set up for auto attendant. The call volume is such that a 4 port voice messaging system can handle the calls.

The customer informed me today that this is what is happening when people call in. The caller hears the main company greeting, then they enter the digits for the extension they are trying to reach. Instead of getting the person they are calling, they hear the system say, "that is not a valid extension number." I am told that this happens with not only their customers, but also with their employees when they are calling in. I made a test call today to see what would happen and the same thing happened to me; I got the system recording "that is not a valid extension number." I then made a second test call and my call was processed correctly.

This is the first time I have experienced this specific problem and I do not know where to begin looking for the resolution. The phone system and the messaging system both have basic programming....the same as many other installations that I have done. I even looked at other customer's system programs that I have saved on my laptop to compare with this customer's program and there is nothing that looks different.

Has anyone come across anything like this before and if yes, what did you do to fix it.