The 4 functions (or the two pairs of functions) of the Auto Answer button of a Panasonic phone is fairly unique to Pana, but is that part of a training class or just something you pick up by reading the distinction in the manual?

We always maintain that there's not a dime's worth of difference in PBX systems, just how the manufacturer defines terms and implements features. Each box has similar features and programming, so if you're trained in one, you can probably figure out the other ones. Being Mitel trained initially (well discounting the Leich 40's and 80's and the #5 XB or the TCS-2) we always end up comparing features.

In fact, this weekend, some of us old farts will get together during the Dayton Hamvention. It's going to be interesting to see how many people go. But, I think you find in the industry, there are really two levels of training, those that have prior experience, and those that are beginners. As I've sat in class, I know that a lot of instructors gear the course toward the participants. My PhoneSuite class of 3 was pretty advanced and primarily just covered the unique features of the system, where the initial Mitel class was a "hands on" class. Of course there was a 30 year difference in the training :-)