Let me preface this message by saying that I'm a coming from a network admin angle and don't have any ip phone experience. Please be kind... :-)

My wife has a CIX40 in her office and the company that she bought it from charges her $100 to remotely make any change to a station, extension, whatever. That may be fair but times are tight so she asked me if there was a way to do it herself.

So I installed Network eManager on an XP pro SP3 machine, plugged the CIX40 into the office network switch, found the IP programming instructions (916), set the ip info to match her network and thought I was off to the races.

Created the client equipment in eManager, using the default Community Name, tried to connect. Got the following error: Connection failed! CIX40:ERROR_COULD_NOT_CONNECT_TO_CALL_AGENT

Tried to ping the IP assigned to the CIX40, found that I could not ping it. Did some reading, killed the Windows Firewall and Symantec AV and pop up blocker. Still no ping. Connected to the CIX40 with a crossover cable set a static IP on the PC still could not ping.

Throughout these steps I have rebooted the CIX40 and PC. I have gone back and verified that the IP was saved as changed.

Her network is configured as 10.0.0.xxx. I even set the ip back to the default 192.168.254.xxx network and used the crossover but no ping. I'm starting to think that there is something wrong with the CIX40 port or it is disabled somehow that I don't know about.

I tried pinging the CIX 40 from different PC's on the network and two different pc's using the crossover. Tried different network cables as well.

The systems are running IE8 and I understand that IE7 is preferred for eManager but I'm not even getting that far.

Forgot to mention, I get a good link/activity lights on the port as soon as I plug the cable in so there is a connection at some level...

I am open to try any suggestions. Sorry for the rambling... :-)

Thanks!
Stan