Problem #1: MSG Light. The light turns off once I clear out the new messages for that extension. The LED is working properly and accurately. The ability to check voice mail by simply hitting that button is what's missing. Instead of "please enter your password" the phone now just says "please say yes at the tone if you would like to speak with the operator".

Initially I swore that we were unable to even cheat and use [intercom]+450 from his phone, I swear that I tried it and it failed. He has since been using the steps I tried, just hitting * during the "if you would like to speak to the operator" and then he keys in 102# (his ext) and then the password + #. That has him fetching voice mail the hard way but it doesn't make sense why it's not working 'as usual'?

#2: We don't know the line phone#s because they are all setup so that caller ID shows our main number regardless of the line we pick. I took a good look at the bix block and there's nothing indicating the incoming line #s.. Sometimes the local techs put tags on the newer installs but our building is pretty old. ;P