John:
I may be wrong but I think you have a Vodavi SPD 612 (61200-00). Although it's not cutting edge technology, it will run circles around any Merlin 410 system. Do you have a Merlin 410 or a Partner 412?? (Two white modules hooked together with a small 2 slot carrier??)
The SPD 612 supports those 1400 series phones, and they do have a history of "bad keypads" but I know of at least three that I'm still servicing that are stll chugging along. If that KSU still works, it may be worth it to fire it up and see if the phones are still good. What do the phones look like? Do you have any display phones? If they can be cleaned up and still work, I'd do that in a heartbeat to replace a Merlin 410---if you have a Partner 412--then it may be a wash, although I think that the Vodavi 612 still may have the Partner 412 beat depending on revision levels of software. Just my opinion. Good luck
If you're moving to a NEW building, though, I would seriously think about a new digital system rather than moving 10-12 year old technology. Just another opinion.

[This message has been edited by JWRacedog (edited March 18, 2005).]