I have to agree on several issues here. First, I have never even attempted to mess with the fax detect feature. Not for lack of interest, but moreso because people around here have accepted the fact that a fax must be kept on a separate line.

The STS and STSe have been remarkable products for us; we are averaging three system installations a week with them since they came out three years ago. That's a lot of systems out there with relatively few problems, usually broken phone hookswitch buttons, but Vodavi's been good about fixing them through Aztec.

I will say one thing though. Thorough initilization on these systems using DIP switch 8 is absolutely mandatory, expecially with the STSe. You should also go into flash 80 and initialize it there as well just to make sure that everything is cleared.

Vodavi did just come out with new LCOB and Modem cards last week though. I didn't know of any problems, but now the new cards require a system software upgrade to be supported. That really makes me wonder since I never heard of any pressing issues with either of these cards, and now such a drastic (and quiet) replacement? Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm.........

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX