We purchased the Vodavi XTS in 2001. We had copper lines and it worked great for us. Everybody had their own voice line. But to save $$$ we moved to a PRI but we are finding it difficult to move over.
1) Told we could fax through PRI but unable to. Start dialing and connection drops. Have Cox Communications PRI and they state it is a Straight PRI with no soft switches and not VOIP. How do we do it???
2) We have cordless phones that worked great before with Verizon. If we wanted caller id or notification of voicemail they worked great but now with Vodavi Voice Mail (I think pathrfinder) and PRI no caller id or voice mail notification. Is this doable??? We were told yes in meetings by company purchased system from but now they say no. These people do not want to go to digital sets and right now we do not have $$$ for even refurbished sets.
3) Right now I think we have Caller ID for name and number turned on but only number coming through. Called in to Cox why.
4) When had own phone lines and line appearances was great for bosses and secretaries. They would put call on hold and intercom boss that person on line 1 and boss pick up line one but now can not. Told to have them transfer call to boss' line. Any other way??
Sorry I am new at this and I have tried programming this the best I could but really am not sure what XTS can do with PRI and what can't or what we could do with PRI anyways.
Any help would be appreciated