Hi there. My system is a Vodavi 3500-01 StarPlus STS. We want to record a new voicemail message which seems like it should be very simple, but unfortunately it is not.

The message we want to change is for when the general voicemail picks up when no one answers the phone (not a specific extension). I believe this should be done through the attendant, but I don't think ours is setup this way.

The phone answers like this, it plays the message we need to change then it says something like "If you have a mailbox, enter your mailbox number now." It will not let someone leave a message after the tone. Our message has to say "you must press 8 to leave a message" for our customers to leave a message for us. Ext. 100's voicemail then picks up, you listen to that voicemail message and THEN you can leave a message.

I have no clue what the VMID is for the message we need to change. I do know that I can listen to the message if I dial 450, but it doesn't give me the option to login and change the message.

We hired someone to fix other problems with our voicemail, but unfortunately, he didn't really have a lot of experience with our system. He recorded the message we are now trying to change. Once he got figured out what he needed it to do, he wrote it down so we could change the message ourselves, but I think my boss might have thrown out the instructions. AND I can't get a hold of the guy.

I'm really sorry if this is confusing, but I really don't know what I am doing. Just want to change a simple voicemail message and I can't figure it out.