Originally posted by bschelle:
I found a REAL tech and he repaired all of the mistakes the other guy did and all is well. I went to hook up my digital answering machine and now it will not answer at all. Does it need a special extension or programing? I just had it plugged into a jack in my old office and it worked fine! I emailed the tech and asked him but I think he wants to make another office call to make the machine work. He has not responded to my email yet.
Bill.
Off the top of my head, there are two systems that allow you to plug a single line device into a key system port and have it function properly and the Panther isn't one of them :-)

I'm not here to beat you up, but you pretty much said in this post that you plugged it into a jack in your old office and it worked fine. I know that all 6 position jacks look alike, but you can't plug a Panther phone into a jack at home and you can't plug an answering machine into a Panther jack. Yet you made it seem like it was a crime that the tech "wanted to make another service call". How do you propose he give you a single line jack tied to line 1 if he is in his office and you are in yours?

If that's the worst beating you get in a week, be glad. Pay one of the guys their money or do it yourself and chalk it up to experience.

I'm thinking that $30-50 spread out over the life of this system isn't a whole lot since the Panther has to be about 15 years old.

Carl