You lose the service of transmitting a single number via CID

Don't confuse the issue for the OP. Any CSR with any intellegence should be able to understand the hunting problem and keep it separate from the CID/ terminal issue. It's two completely separate things that are programmed separately. My advice is to keep escalating until you get to someone with a brain.

This reminds me of when I split up eight Centrex numbers. Four stayed where they were and four went across the street to a new office. Verizon got the new incoming hunt groups right for the two new groups but for some reason they could never figure out the 4 digit centrex hunting. Intercom or do a Centrex transfer across the street and if the line was busy it would hunt to the next line which happened to stay at the location that transfered the call. All lines were following the old hunt schedule as if they were never split for Centrex. I gave up on that one and turned it over to the customer. I doubt it was ever resolved.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.