Bob

This is actually very easy. Do you know how to control the moc window in matworx?. All you have to do is go to Cmd 200 and check what code is assigned to 9 then what is assigned to 8 then swap the two over and the job is done. If you don't know how to drive the moc window follow this sequence. open the moc window then press the following, / (you should get "Command") 200 then the space bar 8 space bar note what is displayed. Now this is where there could be a hitch as if you get a number beginning with 7 this means that the code is split down further for example 80-89,8* & 8# or even 800 etc. At this point you may want to give up but the principle is just the same you just have to make a note of all the codes. You can then do the same for 9.

Once you have everything noted do a system backup to disk. you can then get back into Cmd 200 as above and delete each entry, you do this by entering the dialled code next to the 200 prompt, press the space bar, it will display the current entry, enter CCC then the fullstop (.) you will get the OK prompt if you then press the spacebar it will redisplay the code and you can enter the new value followed by the fullstop (.).

I have told you to CCC each entry first and most people here would rightly point out that you can just enter the new value instead of the CCC but I have taken you down this path as you will find, if you run into it, that you can't enter the 7xx code if you come across it so I am just playing safe. Also if 8 is split down further you would have to delete every 8x---x entry before you can enter the code currently against 9.

Just one note I am assuming you don't have extensions beginning with 8 as that would seriously screw up the idea.

Edited to add that if 8 or 9 is allocated the code A29 or A129 you should stop and call a tech to make the changes as this would involve changes to your LCR tables which as Mextera points out is complicated.

If things screw up though as long as you have backed your system up to disk (and I mean external not just the flash rom if your system is an IPX) you can always recover.

[This message has been edited by R4+Z (edited April 14, 2005).]