web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#227740 04/13/05 07:18 AM
Bob Offline OP
OP Offline
Using MatWorx 3.60, I think. My situation is this: at least 1 of our users keeps dialing 911 by mistake and then hanging up, and now the cops are pretty much fed up with us. So I have 2 questions. 1)Is there any sort of logging of calls functionality on the NEC, so we could figure out where the calls are originating from? 2) Assuming the calls are just random mistakes by various users, how would I go about setting the dial-out prefix to 8? Currently you have to dial 9 to get out, so if you're making a LD call, you're 2/3 of the way to calling 5-0 right off the bat. Again, I'm using MatWorx. Also keep in mind my experience with this PBX is ...well, is there a category worse than novice?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#227741 04/14/05 02:19 AM
Bob,

This is very intense programming and can be done. Matworx will not do it for you must use a MAT window Command prompt.

------------------
Hot Rod

Hot Rod
#227742 04/14/05 08:19 AM
Bob Offline OP
OP Offline
Even just to change the dial out prefix?

#227743 04/14/05 04:21 PM
Bob

This is actually very easy. Do you know how to control the moc window in matworx?. All you have to do is go to Cmd 200 and check what code is assigned to 9 then what is assigned to 8 then swap the two over and the job is done. If you don't know how to drive the moc window follow this sequence. open the moc window then press the following, / (you should get "Command") 200 then the space bar 8 space bar note what is displayed. Now this is where there could be a hitch as if you get a number beginning with 7 this means that the code is split down further for example 80-89,8* & 8# or even 800 etc. At this point you may want to give up but the principle is just the same you just have to make a note of all the codes. You can then do the same for 9.

Once you have everything noted do a system backup to disk. you can then get back into Cmd 200 as above and delete each entry, you do this by entering the dialled code next to the 200 prompt, press the space bar, it will display the current entry, enter CCC then the fullstop (.) you will get the OK prompt if you then press the spacebar it will redisplay the code and you can enter the new value followed by the fullstop (.).

I have told you to CCC each entry first and most people here would rightly point out that you can just enter the new value instead of the CCC but I have taken you down this path as you will find, if you run into it, that you can't enter the 7xx code if you come across it so I am just playing safe. Also if 8 is split down further you would have to delete every 8x---x entry before you can enter the code currently against 9.

Just one note I am assuming you don't have extensions beginning with 8 as that would seriously screw up the idea.

Edited to add that if 8 or 9 is allocated the code A29 or A129 you should stop and call a tech to make the changes as this would involve changes to your LCR tables which as Mextera points out is complicated.

If things screw up though as long as you have backed your system up to disk (and I mean external not just the flash rom if your system is an IPX) you can always recover.

[This message has been edited by R4+Z (edited April 14, 2005).]

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 127 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024