Spuds, I'm in Missouri.

CnGRacin, yep, that's what I think happened. Originally I pulled off one by one to find the offending line. ADSL line was pulled, but was not the offending line, so I kept going. Next one I pulled was the offending line, so I left it off (no time to fix at the time so planned to mess with that one later). Leaving the bad one disconnected, I went back and reconnected the ones previous that were ok... problem was I used the wrong do-hicky, aka "the 110 blade" wink to reconnect them. That's when I got all confused and things went downhill from there.

hbiss, I'm hoping there's a little life left in the 66 block. Maybe it will help that I'm using CAT 5 for POTS since it is thicker than CAT 3 (& therefore will be easier to grip between the clips that I mistakenly spread with the 110 blade). I guess a new 66 block wouldn't cost much, but I hope to make do with this if possible. I've used the proper tip to punch down the source and connect two jacks. So far, so good.

Also, I never knew about the bridging clips or their function (I never had any). If I had purchased & used those, this whole ordeal would've been so much easier to troubleshoot by simply pulling & replacing clips to test each line instead of pulling the connecting wire and punching back down. I'm going to grab some bridging clips this time and see if I can squeeze a bit more service out of this 66 block.

You all have been very helpful. Thanks a lot for being willing to help a guy who is out of his area of expertise.

CnGRacin, thanks for the birthday wish.

Shawn