Ok here goes.

Customer has the NEC IPK II. Customer uses 2 faxes for out bound only, they are analog stations 118 and 119. When they go off hook the system gives them the 1st available line, no problems with this setup since the system install last summer. As of Friday 2/23/07 when a fax is sent, 8 out of 10 times you hear error from the CO this is not a working numer. Now if I dial the same number on the same trunk using the Dterm phones the calls goes threw everytime. Connected the fax straight to the pots line by-passing the IPK the faxes go threw everytime. OK now you say its the phone system, but get this, with the fax machine back on the system I connected our digi grabber to the dmarc and sent a fax, you can hear dial tone over the digi grabbers speaker when the fax goes off hook and see the exact digits dialed on the digi grabber with no other digits.

Couple of notes.
I called my cell phone using my butt set and I was able to hook switch the call and get a second dial tone, once I have the second dial tone I am not able to dial anyone. The Provider (Century Tele) says all lines are pots with no features.

Again the digi grabber does show the exact number dialed and nothing else

OK start banging your heads

Dan S

We get old too soon, smart too late