test-ok said:
...so I plugged my ears and found it was coming from inside and now I hear it all the time...
Which is why I always tell people: Never, EVER take off your tin foil hat. Not even for a second... That's all it takes for them to get in. laugh

Sorry, I couldn't resit that. Tinnitus is a very common complaint, with the suggested causes ranging from aging to Lyme disease to "we really don't know." (The last one being the most common explanation.) I do know a LOT of people who have it (maybe it comes from listening to me yammer on?)

You mentioned that your "electronics squeal all the time." Were you referring to the tinnitus, or are you talking about actually hearing high pitched noise from electronic equipment? If it's the latter, then that means your hearing is actually quite good, at least in the very high frequency range. The switching power supplies in most modern gear makes noise that can indeed be audible, starting at frequencies of about 20 kHz, and going up from there. Most people can't hear it, but some people can. What can make it particularly vexing is that just turning "off" the equipment making the noise often doesn't stop it, because the PS often stays on all the time - you have to pull the plug to make the aliens go away.

Jim
Tightening the straps on my tin foil hat in a secure undisclosed location.