Originally posted by Deltron:

Talk to computer guys about the hard drive shortages. One large white box distributor here in Kansas City of computer equipment told me this morning that unless something quickly changes they will essentially be out of business within 90 days.
Applied Computer Technologies? (Independence, MO)

I can see how it's gonna hit big time white boxers and OEMs who buy in a 100K drives at a go. And eventually that'll trickle down to 'big box' suppliers like New Egg as the HD manufaturers start routing that limited inventory to the big OEMs. It'll essentially manifest as a price hike to the little guys and those ordering a grand or so at a time, all the way down to a higher increase to end-users buying a new drive. I don't believe all of the hype however as the scramble to snatch up all the remaining hard drives hasn't hit any of my big box vendors where I can pick up a 500GB seagate for ~$80 as we speak. Supposedly the shortage may last well into 2013...bah.

Originally posted by Deltron:

...The DSX is an inexpensive easy to program system that sells very well. I think a number of DSX sellers would consider something else other than NEC if it went away. The SV and SL isn't nearly as friendly programming.
I guess I'm a bit unclear as to how the programming is any more or less 'easy'. I've never had the 'pleasure' of working with a DSX, but have experience with the IPKII and the SV. So are you saying the programming for the SL is quite similar to the SV8x ?